Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a query about the accelerator pedal on my venga my 12 crdi 1.6.

all seems normal when depressing it for normal accelerating,but i noticed that you can push it past quite easily what seems like a stop and get a cosiderable bit more acceleration,its almost like the first 3/4s of the pedal travel is for normal acceleration,and past this 'click' you get another 1/4 giving you a good bit extra oomph.

A wee economy/boost gizmo fitted by kia or a dodgy pedal? Who out there knows??

Thanks James.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Eco measure. I think the whole range is now fitted with them now or soon will be

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou guys,was scared there was something wrong with it,ive had my fill of visits back to the dealership with my last venga! i dont want this one to b the same.Its a good idea actually and so simple.
Thanks again for putting my mind at ease,
James.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 1.4 Diesel is the same. At first I used to drop into 5th on motorway inclines if loaded. Then I discovered that pushing the loud pedal a bit harder and the car pulls much more strongly. Mine has done 11,000 miles and I have no complaints about the engine. As you no doubt are awareif you need to drive like a racer then a 1.4 diesel is the wrong choice. Horses for courses.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi andreas, i agree totally the 1.4 is nt a racer, it does ok,but the only one i have ever driven was the one kia have just taken back that has the flatspot issue so i had no chance of ever driving one that was fine.It never had the accelerator pedal gizmo and it was new in may 2011,the new car however does have it and i like it and am glad that it s not a faulty pedal.
Thanks for the reassurance.
James.

·
Registered
21 Posts
have noticed mthat on my venga and was a bit concerned but feel much better after reading jamesskye. Feel reassured

1 - 6 of 6 Posts