Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
yes while they will protect he edge of the front wing and back bumper,they dont stop debris hitting the sills or doors,they would just about need to be touching the ground to offer that kind of protection,but they look good.
james.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hi everyone,Just been in to dealership yesterday pricing mudflaps for front and rear,cost was going to be £83.

But on ebay, Viking kia are selling the same ones for £47 plus free p+p.
How can this be if both places are franchised dealerships?
Anyway i know where i am getting them from....
james.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hi Davy- oh aye i ll put them on myself, i asked for a price fitting them for the crack seeing as the car was in for towbar,as if paying them £540 was nt enough they wanted another £30+vat for putting mudflaps on.I know that they have to make money but it cant be more than a 20 minute job.
YOu can put the back ones on without taking wheel off by using a 1/4 ratchet and screwdriver bit,ive tried the screws already,its even more accessable if you park facing uphill,this lifts the rear suspension up a wee bit once the handbrake is on.
I reckon things like this should come as standard,thy do afterall offer an element of protection to the rear bumper and sill ends,perhaps one day,a windscreen will be an optional extra??
James.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hi Philip,let me know how you get on with them, i m going to order from viking on ebay aas well once my funds recover from the extorsionate( i dont know how to spell it ok) Towbar bill.james.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hi Philip,Regarding those polish mudflaps on ebay that were actually in poland, i emailed them today and they admitted that they are universal mudflaps,and not specifically for the venga,and also £15 postage for a wee light box of mudflaps-aye right-stroll on mate.
Viking kia are getting my money.
james.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thanks and glad to see you on the forum.
I was quoted £83 for a set of 4 mudflaps from my dealership recently,and that was after paying out £542.12 for a towbar plus fitting.

I am aware of the accessories section on the website,but unfortunatly i cannot seem to be able to part with £83 for 4 pieces of plastic.

As i said, it is a good thing to see Kia cust services on this forum.

Many thanks,

James Phimister.SY61 YJA

·
Registered
643 Posts
I agree Philip, if we are going to be paying £16 odd grand for a Venga 3, then another £80 added on by the price of mudflaps isnt going to make a huge difference to the price of the car.James.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts