Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to fit front and back mudflaps to my new Venga. Does anyone have experience of fitting Kia or other mudflaps to this car? Preferably with no drilling involved.
I have seen some remarks regarding mudflaps for the Soul on the website which don't appear to be too successful, is the Venga similar?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi Philip, I would definately await Venga owners opinion and additional research.

I own a Pro Ceed and was toying with purchasing the Kia flaps for mine. Other owners mentioned that they were small and offered little if no protection and for £40+ I wasn`t going to risk it.

I have had to have my lower sills and rear quarters sprayed due to pitting where my doors didn`t seem to sit flush exposing the front lower rear panel to all that the front wheels would throw at it.

On returning to the dealers - newer models have a clear film in place to protect from such debris which I have now put in place.

I opted for Halfords rally style flaps, although a little boy racer ish (2 in a pack) I cut them down diagonally to make a smaller, less offensive, set of four.

Not to everyones taste but keeps that damage to my shiney black paintwork down a bit.

Some pictures of them fitted a few post down on this thread.

http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/mods_topic5333.html

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I agree with Drakey the ones for Ceeds are just about useless, way too small but they look good and are easy enough to fit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought a set of Kia mudflaps for the Venga (yes, I really do own one)from SG Petch. They came with new screws and were easy to fit, fitted very well and look the part.......but useless as mudflaps.
Timpernx.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I,ve got genuine Kia ones fitted to mine & they are just about useless. They are easy to fit though, they are retained by the same screws that retain the inner plastic arch.

John

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi philip22, Mud flaps are a piece of cake to fit if you buy genuine kia ones. Only there for show though as they are nowhere near big enough. Rear wheels will need to come off front ones can be turned to full lock.

·
Registered
660 Posts
yes while they will protect he edge of the front wing and back bumper,they dont stop debris hitting the sills or doors,they would just about need to be touching the ground to offer that kind of protection,but they look good.
james.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi , I fitted the KIA front set on my Venga ,they are easy to fit using thenew screws which aresupplied with the kit . Yes they are small but do catch some of the mud spray from the front wheels .My sills are staying cleaner since I fitted them .
As mentioned before in this link , turning the front wheels from lock to lock whilst fitting them really helps access to the screws .

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi everyone,Just been in to dealership yesterday pricing mudflaps for front and rear,cost was going to be £83.

But on ebay, Viking kia are selling the same ones for £47 plus free p+p.
How can this be if both places are franchised dealerships?
Anyway i know where i am getting them from....
james.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi Davy- oh aye i ll put them on myself, i asked for a price fitting them for the crack seeing as the car was in for towbar,as if paying them £540 was nt enough they wanted another £30+vat for putting mudflaps on.I know that they have to make money but it cant be more than a 20 minute job.
YOu can put the back ones on without taking wheel off by using a 1/4 ratchet and screwdriver bit,ive tried the screws already,its even more accessable if you park facing uphill,this lifts the rear suspension up a wee bit once the handbrake is on.
I reckon things like this should come as standard,thy do afterall offer an element of protection to the rear bumper and sill ends,perhaps one day,a windscreen will be an optional extra??
James.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks James, I've been putting off buying mudflaps because of the cost and the apparent lack of effectiveness. But I seem to have to wash the car every 5 minutes, and agree that it wouldn't hurt for them to be supplied with the car as standard, at least for the top spec model. I've now ordered them on ebay as you suggest (still from a Kia dealer though!). Presumably the ebay dealer is still making a profit at £47 (and paying p&p). Another case of rip-off Britain.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi Philip,let me know how you get on with them, i m going to order from viking on ebay aas well once my funds recover from the extorsionate( i dont know how to spell it ok) Towbar bill.james.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi James, mudflaps came today, and fitted this afternoon. The job is simple (three screws per flap) and took about 30 minutes with offset screwdriver so I did not have to remove any wheels. First impressions are that they are too small to stop much of the splashs along the sills and bottoms of the doors, but they look ok though. Don't think that they really worth the money but have noticed cheaper suppliers on ebay since I ordered.
I discounted the supplier from Poland, thinking that they may not be real Kia parts, but noticed that those I bought from a UK dealer were made in Poland!
Regards,

Philip

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi Philip,Regarding those polish mudflaps on ebay that were actually in poland, i emailed them today and they admitted that they are universal mudflaps,and not specifically for the venga,and also £15 postage for a wee light box of mudflaps-aye right-stroll on mate.
Viking kia are getting my money.
james.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Good morning everyone,

I'm pleased to tell you that Kia now have an accessories section on their website. You can view theaccessories available by model, add to a 'wish list' and then emailthe dealer for a quote.I've attached the link below relating to Venga:

http://www.kia.co.uk/new-cars/range/compact-cars/venga/accessories.aspx

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Kia Customer Services

0845 6017521

<H4>Call centre opening hours</H4>
<DIV ="ingTimes fcx">
<TABLE>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =left>Monday to Wednesday:</TD>
<TD =right>8:30am - 6pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =left>Thursday:</TD>
<TD =right>9:30am - 6pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =left>Friday:</TD>
<TD =right>8:30am - 6pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =left>Saturday:</TD>
<TD =right>9am - 1pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =left>Sunday:</TD>
<TD =right>Closed</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks and glad to see you on the forum.
I was quoted £83 for a set of 4 mudflaps from my dealership recently,and that was after paying out £542.12 for a towbar plus fitting.

I am aware of the accessories section on the website,but unfortunatly i cannot seem to be able to part with £83 for 4 pieces of plastic.

As i said, it is a good thing to see Kia cust services on this forum.

Many thanks,

James Phimister.SY61 YJA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the info Kia Customer Services. Perhaps you could pass on the comments regarding Venga mudflaps. The design of the vehicle cries out for effective mudflaps to protect the bodywork. Even with the mudflaps fitted the front wheels are wider than flaps. I'm sure that Kia would sell more if they were better designed, and at a reasonable price, but how about fitting them as standard at least to the top spec models?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts