Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has an issue with the venga s headlights?

On dip, mine appear to be a little 'crosseyed' and low, and on mainbeam- just quite faint really.
I realise that they will be set up to the legal levels, and the lenses are clean, i just find myself wishing for a little more light.

James.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have to agree that the lights are not exactly tarmac melting but adequate - no better or worse than any other car I have had. I had an issue with the headlight on my KTM which I felt was a bit watery for some of the roads that I use down here in Cornwall (farm tracks which serve as trunk roads) so I did some research and got a replacement H4 bulb from Osram (Autobulbsdirect). It was the same wattage as standard and E marked - so legal. The difference is astonishing, a much whiter light and I would say that the high beam gives me 30 - 40m extra visibility with a much improved spread of light. I am really pleased with the bulb. Price was £28 for two (came packaged as two even though I only needed one). I will consider replacing the standard bulbs in the Venga based on this.

Strangely, the best lights I've ever had on a car were on a 1994 Citroen XM - not bettered in the last 18 years.

Timpernx.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Davy/ Timpernx,To answer my own question, i brought home my replacement MY12 Venga3 1.6crdi eco today,and tried out the lights when it got properly dark,and it looks like my old Venga s lights were adjusted way too low and together too much,eg no spread of beam.
The new car s lights are a lot better, i can see where i going now atleast!
thanks for the advice.
James.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts