Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought some brighter bulbs for the car. Do you have to remove the whole headlight to change them. Going by the manual you remove the 2 bolts and the whole unit is meant to come out. But I can't get it to budge..

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Well I can tell you now removing the lamp is far easier than trying to change a bulb with the lamp in place.. when I had my first red venga delivered I found that the passengers side main headlamp bulb was blown and thought Hmm this has supposed to have gone through an MOT yesterday ..they obviously thought s0d this.. let the new owner figure it out and I did.. I looked at it with much trepidation but actually it went ok.. your problem is probably its catching on the pins at the top of the lamp and white fitting underneath.. so you have to slid the lamp downwards a little towards you to clear these items .. look under the lamp to see the white fitting ..the pin on the top are/is quite visible..

Sadly no pics on the white bottom fitting but here are a few on the locating pin/s..

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Eyewear Gun barrel
Watch Watch accessory Wrist Auto part Font

This one shows [I think ] where the white locator fitting slides into under the lamp..

The pins slid in a slot and there is a hole at one end of the slot where the pins can pop out of very much like a picture bracket..

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Alloy wheel

Dont forget you have to disconnect the main power connector before the lamp is removed completely .. now remember when you attempt getting the lamp back in place ..reconnect the power connector pop the lamp roughly in place while aligning the pin/s and white holding connector underneath.. I found once I had it all in line a swift bang with the palm of my hand drove home the white holding connector under the lamp and the pin/s into the pin slots.. simple top and and bottom bolt refitting and the jobs a good un.. tip here is to check the bulb is good before you permanently slot the lamp back in place.. after all you surly dont want to go through this a second time do you.. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts