Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with the fuel gauge or trip computer?

My fuel guage is wildly inaccurate.

Amongst other wrong readings the worst example is it showed just over one quarter full after having filled with 9.64 galls meaning there are only 0.92 galls left in tank.

Trip computer:

Distance To Empty
When there were only 0.92 galls left in tank it showed as 132 to fill up

Average Fuel Consumption
Keeps resetting itself to -""“.-
Manual states: ""This mode calculates the average fuel consumption from the total fuel used and the distance since the last average consumption reset.""�

Elapsed Time
Resets to 0:00 each day/startup
Manual states: ""This mode indicates the total time travelled since the last driving time reset.""�

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello, I've seen this on my friend's 2 years old Venga.Average Fuel Consumption resets very often. Just today, after leaving the car parked in the office garage, it was reset to zero for no reason.
I am wondering whether this was solved on new Vengas or the problem still persists.
Any MY2012 owners here? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
The running average will always revert to --- when stationary, as it is real time and changes all the time. Try finding a long hill, like near Eyam in the Peak District, and just let the car run down in top gear, amazing what mpg you will see. Not done it yet in my Venga, but my C4 showed 999 mpg for about a mile and a half!Have yet to understand the point of the elapsed time counter, unless out rallying, so never bother with it. My old tractor used to have one, but the service intervals on agricultural vehicles was hours based rather than miles.

·
Registered
643 Posts
My last venga (the disaster) had a mog meter resetting problem even after the unit was changed,but my mew my12 is fine,although fuel gauge is still wildly inaccurate,getting 200miles from the top of the tank to the full mark on the gauge,then another 150 to the halfway mark,then another 100 to nearly empty.
Not great mpg for a modern diesel :-( disappointed in the mpg.
James.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts