Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here it goes:

I own a Venga 1.4CRDI since November 11.

The braking seems ok, with the usual soft feeling while the engine is running.

Once the engine stops, one can pump the brake pedal two or three times before it gets hard to press. This is also the usual behaviour as the power brakes' vacuum is spent from the vacuum chamber.

WHAT IS UNUSUAL is that I find the brake pedal hard to press every time I enter the car in the morning, after some hours of rest (and before starting the engine, of course). This never happened in any other car I owned or drove.

I think maybe there is a small air leak into the vacuum chamber in my Venga.

How about your Vengas? Do you find the brakes hard to press after some hours of rest?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thunderbird said:
Don't panic, perfectly normal, had this happen for years now on several cars inc. the current Ceed.

Really? A bunch of Toyotas, two Renaults and several rented cars later, this is the first time I get this behaviour.

<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; ">
thunderbird said:
No set pattern but even if the servo did happen to fail you would still have brakes, just need a hefty push to get them to work.
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; ">

<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; ">Yes, I know that, but is something I did't like to experience (and probably my wife wouldn't know what to do).

·
Registered
660 Posts
Dont worry,modern brakes are funny things now that they are coupled up with the likes of abs,and ebd(electronic brake force distribution)I can push my brake pedal to the floor,but it always returns to feeling firm and ok,my prevoius venga was the same as was my honda civic,and my pug 307,the cars before that,a pug 306 and fiat tipo has non ebd brakes and felt a lot more normal,
James,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BanditGT said:
Do you have your foot on the brake pedal when you put the handbrake on?

Usually yes, although I release the pedal before stopping the engine. That would keep the vacuum OK...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jamesskye said:
Dont worry,modern brakes are funny things now that they are coupled up with the likes of abs,and ebd(electronic brake force distribution)I can push my brake pedal to the floor,but it always returns to feeling firm and ok,my prevoius venga was the same as was my honda civic,and my pug 307,the cars before that,a pug 306 and fiat tipo has non ebd brakes and felt a lot more normal,
James,

Hope you're right!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts