Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Venga
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
New to owners club, can I ask does anyone know if you can alter the boot as the panel gap on one side is a lot smaller than the other side??
As in on the drivers side I can get a pound coin in the panel gap but on the passenger side I can’t get it in the gap!!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Hi everyone
New to owners club, can I ask does anyone know if you can alter the boot as the panel gap on one side is a lot smaller than the other side??
As in on the drivers side I can get a pound coin in the panel gap but on the passenger side I can’t get it in the gap!!
Hi Johnboy.. welcome to the Venga section.. if you lift the tailgate and look just below the roof line you will see a pair of hinges.. this is where you can adjust the gap.. but be careful and make sure you have at least two extra pairs of hands when you do it..

·
Registered
Venga
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Johnboy.. welcome to the Venga section.. if you lift the tailgate and look just below the roof line you will see a pair of hinges.. this is where you can adjust the gap.. but be careful and make sure you have at least two extra pairs of hands when you do it..

View attachment 10549
Thank you Phil in Wales, do you know if it is the bolts in the boot lid or the bolts in the car frame which I will need to adjust??

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Thank you Phil in Wales, do you know if it is the bolts in the boot lid or the bolts in the car frame which I will need to adjust??
In a diagram in my manual which my PC wouldn't let me copy you slacken the bolts slightly and the body frame allows the hinges to move in an upward /downward/ left and right direction.. hope that helps..

Now found another image [above ] where it shows a bolt and nut but the instructions do say after loosening the hinge bolts the tail gate will move left and right .. up and down and lock striker plate may need to be reset..

·
Registered
Venga
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Phil I’ll try that and see what happens.
Seeing as I’m new to owning a venga is there any tips you can give me or things to look out for??

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Thank you Phil I’ll try that and see what happens.
Seeing as I’m new to owning a venga is there any tips you can give me or things to look out for??
No not really.. not had to do this on either of my Venga's.. but looks like yours might have been replaced or removed at some time hence the gap..and can only think this is why it needs alignment..

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Thanks again.
Any advice on being a venga owner?
Any common faults?
They are pretty rugged to be honest John and as my mate Vengaman would say the diamond of the kia line up.. have a read through all the threads on the venga section so you can see what members have started threads on..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts