Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have recently bought a Venga 2 eco which so far has given good service except for a rather annoying problem with the removable boot panel. When this is fitted in the upper position, which gives a flat level floor, and a load is placed onto it (suitcase, dogs cage etc.) during hot weather this panel collapses into the space below. This has been confirmed by the dealer and put down to the side panel support in the boot being too small to carry the load- the side panel expands somehow leaving the boot panel with no support. The Kia dealer so far has not been able to obtain a fix for this problem from the manufacturer so I amstuck with a boot panel that is not fit for purpose. Are there any other Venga owners out there that have had this problem?I have been told that this has also happened to other Venga models. Spoke to Kia customer services a couple of days ago but no reply yet. Any info on this problem would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I too have a Venga with the same problematic collapsing boot floor.
As I stay a long way from my Kia dealer I wrote to Kia directasking if there was a service fix for the problem. Their reply simply said that the boot floor is tested at the factory and they were unaware of a problem.

I will take the matter up with my Kia dealer when I am next in town.

My temporary cure is toplace a large piece of wood under the floor to stop it collapsing.

In the meantime I would like to know if any other owner has had this issue resolved.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that reply good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Like your self I have a temp fix of a panel of ply spanning the the side panels to take the load. I have just spoken to KIA customer services who informed me that the dealer I use has now passed this problem to the company's tech department fora permanent solution to be found. In support of this I provided photographs of the floor panel just after it collapsed which the dealer e.mailed to KIA.Looks like this problem is not going to beresolved quickly. When I hear from the dealer/KIA again I will post another message.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too have just discovered the boot floorproblem on my Venga. I look forward to the reply you get from the Kia technical people so that I can have this problem rectified as well. Unfortunately I live 120 miles from my nearest Kia dealer in Inverness but I will show them the boot problem the next time I am down there. Please keep me informed. Many thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi There, Update on the collapsing floor problem. I spoke to my local KIA dealer about an hour ago as I am getting pretty cheesed off with no feedback about how they intend to fix this problem. I was told that there was nothing they could do until KIA issued a service bulletin and suggested I contact customer services again who in turn will contact the dealer and find out if they have reported it to the right department.In other words its going around in circles.
I get the feeling that KIA are sitting on this and hoping it goes away. So can I suggest that any one else who as this problem contact their dealer again - the more complaints they have the more likely they are to take notice. As soon as hear any thing positive I will post again.

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi There,
Another update on the boot floor problem. After writing to KIA U.K. last week I had a telephone call yesterday from them informing me that a solution has been developed to the collapsing floor. This is now available to Kia dealers as a service bulletininvolving strengthening of the side panels in some way. As I have to take myVenga into the dealers tomorrow for some other items to be looked at I will ask them what this involvesand how long the fix takes. Looks like there may be light at the end of the tunnel after all. I will re post when I have more info.

Cheers.

·
Registered
887 Posts
There is indeed a servide bulletin covering this issue.
Requires replacement side trims with beefed up floor supports, all covered under arranty as you would expect.
Now you might just have convince some dealers the bulletin exists.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kia dealer in Inverness confirms service bulletin has been issued! They have ordered up the necessary parts and will contact me when they arrive to arrange a date when they can be fitted, Looks like we have lift off. ( I hope )

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just got the venga back from the dealers and they have done the work on the boot panel, went shopping today loaded it up and its great,no collapsing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi There, Had the new side panels fitted last week which so far seem o.k. However whilst the car was with the dealer he discovered there areTHREE other service items on the Venga which need attending to: Check of handbrake adjustment, reprogram the body control module, check/replace rear door locks. My car needed the reardoor locks replacing because rear passengers where unable to get out of the car even when the locks where realsed with the switch on the dash. This a fault with the child locks. The car was in for three days and the day after the front passenger lock started buzzing when when operated by the remote. Yet another trip back to the dealer for a third door lock to be fitted.
So I would urge other Venga owners to check with their dealers about the above items if they are having door lock problems. At the moment I am not impressed with myVenga and beginning to think I made the wrong choice of car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dicksons of Inverness have rectified the boot floor problem on my Venga. I have tried it out with a heavy suitcase and every thing seems OK. I have no other problems with the Venga1 except for the usual over-estimate of the MPG!! I have now done 5000 miles and have kept track of every gallon used. It has averaged out at 40.2 MPG ( this was a genuine all round combined cycle )

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Venga went in today. Boot shelf fixed , rear door locks fixed, body control module reprogrammed, handbrake checked. Everything seems fine and dandy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
murphwiz said:
There is indeed a servide bulletin covering this issue.
Requires replacement side trims with beefed up floor supports, all covered under arranty as you would expect.
Now you might just have convince some dealers the bulletin exists.

Hello to you all!

I'm writing from Italy and have a Kia Venga CRDI since last June (I'm a Sorento owner as well).

Of course I also have the collapsing boot floor problem and at momentthis issueseems not solved yet by Kia Italy.

Couldn't any of you post the bullettin service pdf so I can show it to my Kia dealer, or any photo of the new side panels fitted?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Italy

·
Registered
5 Posts
can't really anyone help me with a copy of technical bullettin service regarding this issue? I have some difficulties to have the collapsing floor problemsolvedby Kia Italy. It would be easier showing what in UK already did.

Greetings from Italy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi There, I don't have access to the p.d.f. documents for this floor fix but I do have a couple of photos that may be of use. Problem is I don't know how to add photos to this forum.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to the club (those of us who don't know how to upload photos to the forum). As I understand it, that is Web Viz Forums software, the Administrator can choose whether or not to allow photos to be pasted into a message. The alternative that is always supposed to work is to include a valid URL to it. Am I right in this?
I am interested seeing the photos so will send a private message with my regular email.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, in Monday I have been in KIA service(here in Slovakia)with another little problem on Venga and technician after all, looked in my boot and told me they will call me in near future and they will change me a side plastic covers that holds floor panel. Allwill be covered under warranty.
sorry for english

·
Registered
1 Posts
The action number is: KCE10-91-C240-YN <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Details: Customer Satisfaction (Complaint Base)
Subject: Boot floor side trays replacement<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">The are other actions:

KCE10-91-C210-YN - Customer Satisfaction (Complaint Base)
Boot shelf (cover)replacement; cars manufactured between 21/06/2009 and 09/07/2010. Condition: the shelf plastic frame is yellow (inside, of course).<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">
KCE10-12-C220-YN - Engine Mechanical System - Service Action
Fixing of loose coolant hose (at thelower radiator joint)
<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

KCE10-41-C030-YN - Brake System - Service Action
Handbrake: checkout and adjusting

KFE10-14-E110-YN - Fuel System - Field Fix
ECU update (noisy engine operation when accelerating) ""“ diesels only

""¦ and two more(not yet know their No):

1. trip computer ECU replacing (preventing from random resetting of travel time, average mpg etc.). Modified ECU is labelled "New AFC".

2. solving problems with different random effects in electronics; water penetrating in A pillars causes pin corrosion at MF11 and MF21 connectors of the electrical system. Fixing consists of cutting off cables, removing connectors, connecting the cables directly (i.e. without connectors) and protecting resulting joins with heat-shrinkable insulation. The pillars are then insulated from the water at their bottom section by self-adhesive foil and protected by injecting wax ""“ this operation needs disassembly of windscreen wipers and dismantling of windscreen cowl to get access.VIN range: TMAEH811AAJ000112 to TMAEH812BAJ028826.

Not all Vengas are affected by above actions(VIN range and production date should be checked) and actions may vary depending on countries.

"Customer Satisfaction (Complaint Base)" means thet the operation is performed only when the customer complains. Service actions are of course critical.

Hope this helps; regards

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

1 - 20 of 27 Posts