Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Venga 3 2015 and thinking of purchasing a Venga 4 2018.
The only think that's putting me of the purchase is the panaramic glass sunroof.
Will they leak or create noise or even break!
Has anyone owned one or had any problems or are they best avoided altogether.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had the 14 reg Venga 3 Satnav which had the glass roof, as does my current Venga 4. I have had no trouble with the roof in either car.
I have to confess I very rarely open the blinds, let alone the roof. (Blind is in two parts, front-rear both manually operated. )

Probably less likely to scratch the glass roof when cleaning. Also far more resilient to bird crap.
There is an internal gutter all around under the edge of the glass. This has a drain tube that goes down the "A" posts to exit somewhere underneath the floor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you suffer with any wind noise or Temperature differences in winter or summer.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well there is wind noise but mostly from the door/window closures/joins. If you leave the roof glass partly open or not fully down there is a very noticeable noise. Easily solved by turning one's hearing aid down or to the noise reduction setting.
Very loud engine fan noise sometimes too, this activates the radio avc. (automatic volume control)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the Venga 3 with panny roof.
It does make the cabin very light considering its all black trim, even with the blinds closed
We do get a little more internal condensation than we would like but we do park it outside overnight and the driveway is north facing so doesn't really get any early morning sun. The aircon doesn't take long to sort it out in a morning though with demist set to auto.
Given a choice again we'd probably avoid if only Kia did a light plastic interior, it but it does make the cabin much lighter than without one and on the rare occasion it stops raining it is nice to have fresh air.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi
We are on our 3rd Venga over nearly 9 years all with the "panny roof".
We have never had a problem personally I think it makes the car much nicer.
Our Sorento has one as well and that is nearly 10 years old again never with a problem.
Personally my "manager" would never have a car without one it make the drive to Spain even better :cool::cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Venga 4 on a 16 plate, only problem with the roof is the noise when it's open.
Very useful in summer when the car gets very hot when parked, open the roof all the hot air goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts