Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a cheap Venga 3 as a second car. I have heated seats which aren’t working. I’ve checked the switches which are okay and sending a live signal out when pressed. Next is to check the module or relay if I can find its location anyone any ideas??

·
Registered
736 Posts
You can check the connectors under the seats, to make sure they are properly locked together and that no terminals have backed out of the housings. Then you need the fues list in the handbook to check the fuses and the relays.
There is a member with a manual who should have a better idea of exactly where the relays are.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuses are all good connections to seats are good. I suspect a relay or module as both seats have the same fault. Both switches send a live pulse but don’t keep light on switch illuminated

·
Registered
461 Posts
According to my workshop manual....
The seat heater fuse is the third one up on the right hand side as you look at the fusebox. It should be 15Amp but check the legend on the cover as manufacturers have a habit of changing fuse positions.
As it appears to be a common fault across both seats, it's unlikely to be the seat pad itself but you can check by unplugging and checking resistances as in diagrams below. I've also added a simplified circuit diagram and more detailed diagram in case it helps. The workshop manual I have is not brilliant for electricals as I suspect it's designed to get you to book a dealer visit with the Kia system who can see what the computer says (and charge you £100 or so for the privilege) The manual doesn't seem to indicate a relay is used directly on the seat heaters which I think is unlikely as 15A is a big electrical draw. The detail diagram suggests that the switch latching is from the "MCU" which I can't find as a "thing" in the manual.
Anyway, maybe these will help (the manual is only available for the European models so LH and RH are switched round):-

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

Product Rectangle Font Line Slope

Rectangle Line Font Slope Parallel
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Diagram

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Schematic

Have to say that I have the Venga 3 and the seat warmers and after initial, "oh , new toy", I can't honestly say I've ever felt the need to use them in anger in the UK. I appreciate Venga was sold in colder countries which may benefit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check the resistance of seat heater element, might be broken.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Reviewing the workshop manual, MCU seems to equate to the BCM - Body Control Module
Although if the BCM has gone wonky, its likely more than the heated seats would be "problematic" so if you can't find any wiring issues and fuses are good you might have to make a dealer visit so the Kia computer system can take a look.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The power is likely controlled by a power transistor in the BCM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts