Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,just been informed that the production line for Venga 3s has been stopped,and the car is undergoing a facelift, mainly of interior equipment, and minor styling changes.
As it seems only to involve the 3 model, i cant see them doing anything too dramatic,but just wondered if anyone had any news on this?

Cheers,James.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Manc venga, i saw this on the web and wondered,but cannot understand that if they are still producing the vengas 1 and 2 without changing them,why would kia make changes to the 3,and make it look different to the other models?Perhaps this model is for outside europe,and the uk model is basically getting an equipment overhaul. (and hopefully the engine management issue sorted out, and the creaky sunfoor,and the poor sound insulation, and the temperemental gearchange,and the random number generator that is the mpg meter.)
Cheers,james.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lefteris. you may be correct,but the roof profile etc look identical to the current venga,and the current i20 is a much lower car than the venga,even the front quarterlight windows and the plastic strips along side the glass roof panels look like the current venga s. i cant imagine that kia wil just be sitting down now to plan out the facelift,whilst having production at a standstill, i would imagine that they shall be resuming production as soon as they have loaded the robots etc with the relevant new software to make the changes for the facelift.Perhaps kia have been testing the car shown in the photos since 14.04.2010??
Its doubtful,but you never know.
James.

·
Registered
437 Posts
it is definatly the ix20, the car is practically identicle and is built in the same factory. Im not aware of any facelifts coming as of yet and like you said it would not be on just the 3 variant. If any thing they maybe just swapping the engines by putting the 1.6 gdi in there like they have in the soul

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well hello Mr Kia,still not telling us if you are Kia or not?They surely could nt put the 1.6crdi in the venga 3 without doing the same to the 1 and 2.buts let hope so as the Venga s 1.4 eco crdi has issues no one can fix!
James.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,just had confirmation that my Venga 3 1.6crdi my12 will be with me end of next week.So they are finally hitting the road,also had confirmation that the bhp of the engine will be 114 and not 89. yippee!!!!
Modifications and improvements include half leather interior,bluetooth,cruise control,speed limiter,parking sensors,chilled glovebox,amongst other things, i counted 12 improvements in the new '3' than in my present '3'
A new model has been introduced above the '3' and its called '3satnav' which features a 7inch touchscreen satnav loaded with uk and europe maps,and also a reversing camera worked through the satnav screen. pretty nifty kia,well done!!
James.
James

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lets hope they are screwing them together a bit better as the venga deserves it!
Im still waiting on final confirmation on whether or not im gettingmy MY12 vengabefore christmas, im starting to doubt it with the holidays approaching etc.

Im like a wee kid at christmas just now-waiting on the phonecall from 'santa'!

Cheers,james.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi soulsearcher,

The ix20 might be built in kia s slovakia plant,but the venga was built at hyundai s czeck rep plant,as it states on my door pillar plate.
quailty is no where near as good on the present venga as on the zilina built ceed or new sportage.

James.

·
Administrator
7,657 Posts
Hi all,
Just took delivery of a MY12 Venga 3 1.6 auto...wow what a car...I ordered it 2 months ago as after testdriving the MY11. The facelift has now added extras to define the difference between the 2 and 3 trim levels better I think as before it was only the panaramic roof and seat cloth as the difference but now theres lots more.

My last car was a Vaux aguila...good car but basic...nowI have luxury. well pleased with my Venga...well done Kia.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Murphwiz,the new ones are definatley screwed together a lot better,opening my roof is the biggest sign of the improvements,the old venga s roof scraped open and the motor was clearly heard,the new one is silent and i mean silent.
the new ones doors clunk shut instead of bang,and i dont have the mysterious metallic rattle coming from under the n/s/r seat? still a mystery to this day!
And there is soundproofing in the doors,the slashes from the puddles are really quiet now.
Must have a better set of spanners in slovakia

cheers,james.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts