Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here had manage to get their sat nav stereo system upgraded to an aftermarket model? Halfords had my car for 3 hours before deciding they needed a different lead for steer wheel controls. Took it back today, they told me, after an hour, they still needed some other lead, and they could only get one for an older model venga not the 2016 model.

This was a ridiculous amount of time for them to realise the leafs were wrong.

If anyone has managed to upgrade theirs (double din) can you let me know who you used please? I am in South Wales.

·
Registered
220 Posts
These folks reckon they have one..

Maybe worth double checking with them before ordering though?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was wondering if anyone here had manage to get their sat nav stereo system upgraded to an aftermarket model? Halfords had my car for 3 hours before deciding they needed a different lead for steer wheel controls. Took it back today, they told me, after an hour, they still needed some other lead, and they could only get one for an older model venga not the 2016 model.

If anyone has managed to upgrade theirs (double din) can you let me know who you used please? I am in South Wales.

Hi if you don’t mind me asking why are you replacing your OEM unit? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know that retro fitting a stereo in these vehicles is not easy due to the wiring and additional parts such as the reverse camera, GPS antenna and Bluetooth function.

·
Super Moderator
2,202 Posts
Have a look at Connects2 website. They do wiring kits for most cars.

Also maybe worthwhile seeing if you have any dedicated car stereo suppliers/fitters in your area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. As stated my sat nav system does not show any radio information when it’s on. Such as artist name and song. I’ve seen photos online with the exact same system as mine and theirs is showing this information. I’ve looked through the manual umpteen times, but can’t see how to turn this on. I assume its RDS, but I’ll be dammed if I can find out how to activate it. Also, why does it have WiFi? What’d the point of this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,202 Posts
What age is your car & is a infotainment system (sat nav etc) or just radio?

Could be that the track info etc is when a device is connected via USB and date is embedded in the playing track.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi thanks for the reply. The thread is mine so it’s a 2016 Venga with sat nav. I get data info with attached Bluetooth devices/iPod but not in radio. No RDS and I don’t know how to activate it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I had mine replaced by Halfords,(std radio/CD 2016 Venga Diesel) to a Pioneer SPHDA 230DAB. they also told me they could not get steering wheel controls but I had already checked with connects 2 and told them to order the CTKKI16 at my risk( these did not show on the Halfords system) All fitted and working great .Changed mine because i wanted Android Auto but that is absolutely rubbish.Apple car play on it works without problem.

·
Registered
667 Posts
In my 2017 (66 reg) Venga 4 I did not get broadcast program info ie Program name artist, track name etc until I had the software updated. I also had the nav/map date updated but the map was a waste of time, they are several years behind on map mods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In my 2017 (66 reg) Venga 4 I did not get broadcast program info ie Program name artist, track name etc until I had the software updated. I also had the nav/map date updated but the map was a waste of time, they are several years behind on map mods.
Thanks for this information. Can I download this firmware and install it at home anyway?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. All booked in. Hope it updates the firmware for the radio as well as the maps update. Wonder if 2020 maps are available yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts