Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a venga 2015, diesel. I bought it in January 2020. Its already been back in to the garage for new heat plugs as it want starting, at all. All fixed and sorted.
I filled my car up just before the lockdown and the trip meter read 486 miles available. Since then I have done 245 miles, mainly shirt journeys of less than 10 miles. It is now showing 418 miles available although the fuel gauge has gone down to just over a quarter of a tank used. Is this something that I should be worried about at all?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Has the battery been disconnected or the fuse switch pulled out since filling?
Or have you reset the mpg cum or mpg since last fill? Or zeroed the miles at all in the trips A and B?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not at all. It was at 397 last Wednesday. I've just done a 12 mile journey and it's now showing 425 miles.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Is it parked on a slope?
Is it under warranty?
The figure will change according to how you drive, in theory it works on you current mpg and the remaining fuel in the tank. So it is possible for it to go up if say you were originally doing short trips of say 5 miles and then start doing long unbroken trips ie with no or very fer stops for lights junctions etc. Or you just started using the cruise control which makes a huge difference to the mpg. You dont say which engine but mine was best a 1800 to 200 revs (1850 was actual best) If you cruise with revs around there with cruise control on you will get far better mpg.)

Another thought! The diesel system does a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) burn off every 200 miles or so, while it is doing this the mpg drops substantially. It takes about 12-15 mins do do so. This may cause a lower available miles figure if you looked while the DPF burn-off was happening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have cruise control and the available mileage is dramatically increasing not decreasing, despite the fact that I have made journeys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts