Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Small but too annoying issue with my Kia venga 2013 petrol 1.6 model which I bought 2 months ago from a garage it's only 22k mile !

Since day one and I was never able to easily fill in the tank with fuel ,as when I try and put the fuel station pumper into my car fuel tank hope and just after pressing the handle it stops and the pumper immediately shutts off.

If I press the pumper handle very very very softly then I can manage to put fuel in then it takes me 25 min to fill the the full tank while other cars behind me in the queue keeps screaming !

Garage is unable to fix it , only tried cleaning all the pipes around the tank

Any idea if there is a fix for that ?

Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
That sounds like either a partially blocked vent pipe (which runs alongside the main filler pipe), a partially blocked filler pipe which is stopping the fuel entering the tank freely or previous damage has caused one or other pipe to have some crush damage so not allowing the fuel to enter the tank freely. Remember that fuel going in needs air to come out at a faster rate than when the fuel pump pushes it to the engine so a partial blockage may not affect normal running.
It could even be a partially blocked tank entrance neck which is causing blow back up the filler tube.
If the garage has conclusively proved all the pipes and entrances are clear and not crushed by taking them off and checking then has the filler neck itself been damaged and causing the fuel "splash" to cut the pump off?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Have you tried varying the angle of the pump nozzle? Some pumps I find you have to only have the tip of the nozzle in the fuel pipe.
Yes I have had that with several cars in the past. Some needed it almost rotated 180 degrees and tilted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.