Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have two sticking buttons on the dashboard of our Venga. The ISG and Stability buttons, one above the other both stick when pushed.

I'm thinking silicon spray around each switch but wondered if anyone else had the same issue.

·
Administrator
7,549 Posts
Never had an issue with mine as I have never used them if honest.

Paul

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You would be amazed how dirt can get in nooks and crannies'.. try some WD40 and a small paintbrush..

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
You would be amazed how dirt can get in nooks and crannies'.. try some WD40 and a small paintbrush..

Nooooooo! WD40 dries out over a few weeks leaving a sticky residue,. Those switches do not need Water Dispersant!.

Silicone oil is by far preferred. Spray it in liberally and then vigorously work those switches.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Nooooooo! WD40 dries out over a few weeks leaving a sticky residue,. Those switches do not need Water Dispersant!.

Silicone oil is by far preferred. Spray it in liberally and then vigorously work those switches.
I actually meant to put up contact cleaner but my fingers didnt follow what my brain was thinking..but yes your right WD does leave a sticky residue but the also do a silicon spray as well now and contact cleaner..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve have removed the switches. The housing was very clean. I lubricated with silicon spray. The springs on these switches are very weak even though the switches themselves have hardly been used.

Once I put the switches back in the housing they bound again. It appears the housing itself is at fault and causes interference with the button that the springs in the switches cannot overcome.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I’ve have removed the switches. The housing was very clean. I lubricated with silicon spray. The springs on these switches are very weak even though the switches themselves have hardly been used.

Once I put the switches back in the housing they bound again. It appears the housing itself is at fault and causes interference with the button that the springs in the switches cannot overcome.
Can you remove the switches from the housing and perhaps with a small file or some emery cloth remove some material from it.. tried mine earlier and all is ok with them..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven’t had chance to strip it down again because of the cold weather, however I noticed today that the ISG button is now working properly, so a bit of Silicon around the switch push mechanism seems to have eventually worked its magic. The Lower switch is still sticking, so I might, given the chance, take it apart again and lubricate again. Haven‘t altered any of the surfaces so will see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts