Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys have one on your engines..if you have would you please check if it has the part number 29240-2B031 ..you will find this on the underside of the cover when you take it off..the number I have given is off a ceed and I am trying to find out if its compatible..if yours has not got this part number would you please put that up for me.. 馃檪

Thanks in advance..

Registered
Just had a look at mine, no no cover present. Mind you mine has the larger engine. Tax is 拢160, paid this week.
I remember my Ceed had the cover. Fixed by three ball and sockets.
In order to fit the current engine, it would need balls added in appropriate places! Though there seems to be plenty of room for it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Even images for the petrol engines seem to be quite scarce..was lucky to actually find this one..supposed to be the 1.6 but have my doubts its even a venga..some ones nicked the master cylinder

Covers on the diesel engine are far more common..

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Now an update..have located one just a mile away from me at a breakers..

I am doing this because I am getting a water ingress problem and I can't find a solution for this due to extreme weather conditions..water leaking onto the engine from scuttle and onto fuel injector on number 1 cylinder..this I will try and sort when the weather improves..so this is a temp measure although I would be quite happy to leave it in place ..intend to go over to breakers and to ask if I can see if it fits..all I would need then are a couple of bolts..but as always you can never find them on ebay uk when you need them.. part number..2921723603..if anyone can lead me to some I would be grateful..

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Been to the breakers this morning and sad to say while it would fit the coolant filler and cap stops it fitting..would need to modify the filler and I wont be doing that just to fit a cover..most disappointing I must say but thats life.. 馃槒

1 - 6 of 6 Posts