Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have a good read through the forum. The petrol engines don't get very good mpg & neither version gets near the advertised figures. As for the diesel you need to read the thread regarding the 1.4CRDI problems & come to your own conclusions, or an extended test drive of at least a week in warm weather of the car you will actually be buying. The Venga is quite a heavy car for its size circa 1400kg but the stated 89bhp for both engines is perfectly adequate in my opinion.

John

·
Registered
163 Posts
The 1.4 is fine around town, but can feel a little breathless on motorway hills. As for mpg, no car will give it's stated mpg in everyday driving, but if you are getting within 20% of the combined figure you are doing well. The ride is quite stiff, but is actually better on the petrols than the diesels (less weight in the nose)Our 1.4 ceed averages around 40mpg, which I am very happy with. Go for it, I think they are alot of car for the money, and think of that 7 year warranty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just done 12000 miles in my Venga 2 1.4 petrol in 16 months. Very pleased with it and it does all I want from a car though economy is not great but acceptable at 46 mpg with careful driving. A little underpowered but rides and drives nicely with great room for all the kit ones carries from time to time. Had a problems with an engine warning light coming on but this has not happened since first service about 4 months ago.Enjoy it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.