Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have a venga 4 jan 2017 , and a chilli picanto may 2016 both with sat nav , but they act diffrently ,picanto when on motorway and a lane peels off sat nav enlarges view off lanes and shows me what one to get into ,my venga does not do this ,just says bear right and seems not as advanced with directions as the picanto which i preffer ,any one got idea why this is and if i swapped sd cards would picanto card work in the venga ,thanks .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure ,how do you check the version installed ,as not sure or would a reset do it .

·
Registered
665 Posts
There used to be an option in the Venga nav settings to for showing enhanced lane guidance. Not sure if it is still there, will look later.

·
Registered
665 Posts

Yes they are still there in the Settings>Navigation> Map View> 2nd Item down. I have everything turned on. I also include my latest update specs to show which version of the files I am on. This was done/updated in January19.

I hope the pics are ok.

I use a separate WiFi hotpot a Huawei one (which is like a bar of hotel soap) with a separate SIM just for data. The car connects to this for the live traffic info and map warnings ie red line alongside road = heavy traffic. It is on giff gaff at the moment on £5/month but I may give that up as the original data only tariff has been done away with and now includes text and phone, which obviously don't work from the hotspot and just use my mobile instead it may be cheaper since that is on 1p mobile. (Which is £10 every 4 months, but I only ever use a fraction of it. 1p per minute or per text or per MB) I will work it out one day!

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Does that go for the Venga 3 as well as I’ve got rid of my Picanto 3 and found advanced lane guidance brilliant.

That was the Venga! My old Venga 3 satnav Diesel manual. But I have just checked on my current 66 Reg Venga 3 auto and it is is still there in the same menu position.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Version check

To check what version your sat nav has installed press and hold the settings button for about 10 seconds and the current version will show in the touch screen

·
Registered
665 Posts
not sure ,how do you check the version installed ,as not sure or would a reset do it .

Long press on the settings button, then the screen will look like on of the pics I posted on the 17th March 19 in this thread.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Does that go for the Venga 3 as well as I’ve got rid of my Picanto 3 and found advanced lane guidance brilliant.

I expect so, you could ask a dealer but their product knowledge is largely guesswork or made up on the spot. Better to ask Kia Customer support.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Is there a way of updating the sat nav without visiting a dealer, my nearest one is over 100 miles away.
There is, but it is unofficial and you would need access to one of the file sharing apps. Will also depend on how technical you are as well.
You don't say which car you have?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts