Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Carens 2.0 CDRi 4 speed automatic 7 seater. Really satisfied with it but I would like to know what the weights mean on the plate by the drivers door pillar. Thanks for your help. Dave

·
Registered
476 Posts
Do you have a handbook? If so all the weights are in there. I'll look at mine when I get out to work later & report back but suspect someone will beat me to it as I wont be home til much later tonight!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Supacabby, Thank you. I have used the vehicles manuel to find towing weight which I keep to when pulling my small van around. Buying a new van and decided to check weights. Manuel gives 1100 kg, caravan internet comparison site gives 1300kg. The plate attached to the door pillar gives 4 weights but not in English. Hoped this site would answer the question. Happy motoring hope when I am towing I dont hold you up. I am one of the few that pulls over if there is a queue. regards

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'd stick with the manual, I towed an 1100kg van all over the place with my last Mk2 but I had it chipped to 135bhp with an extra 30nm of torque which made a huge difference!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts