Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was wondering if Kia dealers do RAC-like vehicle inspection. If they do, does anyone has an idea how much that costs? Secondly, is their inspection service likely to be superior to RAC's considering that they will be inspecting Kia vehicle?
Many thanks,
Solar

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think I'd be very wary of a Kia dealer doing an inspection on a Kia car (if they provide that service), especially if the car is still in warranty and they are likely to be the servicing / warranty dealer.
While the Kia warranty is good (when it works) for customers, previous accounts suggest it isn't a money spinner for the dealer and is a bit of a faff to implement with Kia UK so they have incentive to "not find" minor warranty issues.
Whereas an independent checker like RAC / AA etc would have no qualms about saying what is broken as they aren't a repair service so should say what they see.
Its a bit like garages who do MOT's. There is always the "are they creating work" question. I always go to an MOT only place for that reason.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@2012vengaman - thank you. @iooi : This is a Ceed that I bought 6 months ago from a car supermarket (Cazoo) and has been serviced last week by my local dealer. The car has rattling issues, so was thinking of getting the car checked either by my local Kia dealer or via RAC, and plan to ask Cazoo to look into this (they are now anyway passing things to the dealer as the car is still under warranty per them- it is a 19 reg car). Based on @2012vengaman's point, I see a conflict of interest with the Kia dealer- he would be diagnosing the issues and addressing them (if under warranty) so they might not want to diagnose correctly. During the service, I highlighted the problem but the dealer said that they can't let me travel with the technician, so it could be looked only June when lockdown is relaxed.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Has the car been serviced by Kia dealers as per schedule? Or by a independent, in which case you will need invoices with Kia part no's on used in the service.
To ensure warranty is intact. Although rattles should not be a issue, unless the bodywork inspection has not been done, & this can only be done by a Kia dealer.

Can you work out where the rattle is coming from? As well as having ruled out something loose moving around?

TBH. No reason a tech could not go out and listen themselves, with pointers from yourself.

I would also very much say that any RAC/AA or dealer check, will possibly not include a drive, only a look/poke round. Which clearly will not pick up any rattles.

As this is a Ceed. I'm going to move to Ceed section & see if other owners can give pointers to what it may be.

I know in my old Stonic, it had a rattler that took ages to work out was caused by sun visor, but only when it was in the down position. Ended up just living with it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks @iooi , The first service has been done by a VAT registered independent garage and I have retained the receipt showing correct part numbers. The second service has been done last week by my local Kia dealer- and the body inspection has been done by them as well.
There are 3 rattle/squeaks- 1. Rattle from passenger side window- this goes away when I open the window. 2. Rattle/squeak from the boot area 3) Squeaks from the front of driver area . 2 and 3 are observed on bumpy, uneven road and are pronounced on sunny/warm day. I suspect it is something to do with suspension.
I have checked everything- removed all items and drove the car, for #3, I was suspecting front wiper blades, so have removed them and tested, still that squeaks come.
Many thanks,
Solar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.