Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage GT-Line S AWD Fusion White Diesel Auto
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now lockdown is ended I've managed to drive my Sportage GT-Line S, collected last October, a bit further than the few miles to the supermarket and farm shop, in fact after a trip to Settle I've managed to pass 1000 miles.

I love the car to bits, I thought my last Hyundai Tucson was the best I've ever had but the Sportage wins hands down.

I set uo UVO and find it interesting, I sent the destination to Settle via my phone to the Sat Nav, however the text messages to my phone when my wife delivers groceries to our elderly neighbours and doesn't lock the doors are bit annoying.

When I look at UVO I see that my battery, I assume the one that starts the car and not the one in the boot, shows a warning, I assumed this was because the car wasn't being run much, but even after a 120 mile trip to Settle it at first showed the battery as being OK but an hour later the warning returned.

I took the car in for a recall before Christmas an mentioned this and they checked the battery and said it was fully charged and in good condition.

The other thing not quite right on UVO is that the fuel indicator has shown one red section from day one.

Any comments from more experienced owner gratefully received.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Now lockdown is ended I've managed to drive my Sportage GT-Line S, collected last October, a bit further than the few miles to the supermarket and farm shop, in fact after a trip to Settle I've managed to pass 1000 miles.

I love the car to bits, I thought my last Hyundai Tucson was the best I've ever had but the Sportage wins hands down.

I set uo UVO and find it interesting, I sent the destination to Settle via my phone to the Sat Nav, however the text messages to my phone when my wife delivers groceries to our elderly neighbours and doesn't lock the doors are bit annoying.

When I look at UVO I see that my battery, I assume the one that starts the car and not the one in the boot, shows a warning, I assumed this was because the car wasn't being run much, but even after a 120 mile trip to Settle it at first showed the battery as being OK but an hour later the warning returned.

I took the car in for a recall before Christmas an mentioned this and they checked the battery and said it was fully charged and in good condition.

The other thing not quite right on UVO is that the fuel indicator has shown one red section from day one.

Any comments from more experienced owner gratefully received.
Welcome,

As far as I can tell your UVO works exactly the same as mine. I also get the warning messages as soon as I step out of the car without locking it. I haven't yet found a way to change that.

My battery also shows a warning and I am wondering whether it refers to the 48v battery not being fully charged because of insufficient harvesting during the journey.

My fuel indicator behaves exactly as yours does, and again I'm wondering what it's purpose is. The UVO app is multi purpose and owners of plug in hybrids or electric vehicles get the same app. Looking at the image closely I wonder whether it represents an electrical charging point rather than a fuel pump.

These are not definite answers because I haven't found the answers, but mere possibilities and what I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage GT-Line S AWD Fusion White Diesel Auto
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can turn off push notifications.

From Home screen go into settings and change from there.

UVO is really designed for full EV's and is seriously restricted on other cars.
Thanks for your reply, and to Alanw47, I had a closer look at what I thought was the fuel display and it does actually look like an electric charger cable.
As for turning off the car unlocked warning this is the first car I have had with fancy push button starting and locking by pressing the door handle, I'm still going for the key to turn the engine off and at my age I have also forgotten to lock the doors, so it might be better if I leave it on.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Thanks for your reply, and to Alanw47, I had a closer look at what I thought was the fuel display and it does actually look like an electric charger cable.
As for turning off the car unlocked warning this is the first car I have had with fancy push button starting and locking by pressing the door handle, I'm still going for the key to turn the engine off and at my age I have also forgotten to lock the doors, so it might be better if I leave it on.
UVO is a bit of a gimmick for ICE cars. Only useful feature's is Find My Car & Trips. Door locking/unlocking is not guaranteed to work. As many people have found out.

Once you get used to key never coming out of your pocket, you will never go back :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.