Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Soul EV for several months. Initially I used the earlier version of the UVO app, and have recently installed the latest version (red shortcut).

Both versions of UVO have had the same characteristic for me - they will report that the car is unlocked when it's not. On occasions I get the "unlocked" report and it's accurate - I can then lock the car from the app. However, not infrequently the "unlocked" report appears when the car is locked.

Any ideas on why this happens? I sometimes lock the car with the key fob button and sometimes with the button on the door handle, but I always have the key fob with me when I do it. Does the app not recognise one of these locking methods?

Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had my Soul EV for several months. Initially I used the earlier version of the UVO app, and have recently installed the latest version (red shortcut).

Both versions of UVO have had the same characteristic for me - they will report that the car is unlocked when it's not. On occasions I get the "unlocked" report and it's accurate - I can then lock the car from the app. However, not infrequently the "unlocked" report appears when the car is locked.

Any ideas on why this happens? I sometimes lock the car with the key fob button and sometimes with the button on the door handle, but I always have the key fob with me when I do it. Does the app not recognise one of these locking methods?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Apologies Penner - just noticed your post.
Yes, mine does exactly the same thing. I haven't got round to emailing UVO help about it as yet. If you get any further with this please post (and I'll do the same). Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,456 Posts
Can sometimes be a delay between message being sent from car to server & onto your phone.

Note.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can sometimes be a delay between message being sent from car to server & onto your phone.

Note.

Good point iooi - as always.
I'll check on the timing of these warnings.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Philosopher and iooi - many apologies for my delayed response to you both (which, under the circumstances, might be seen as appropriate!). Thank you for your replies, which explain the basis of the problem. It's a mild annoyance, but one that won't be too hard to live with.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thanks for any thoughts.
I get that sometimes when my wife is out in the car and she gets in and sits for a while looking at her phone or something. First time I remotely locked it and she couldn't get out! :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.