·
Registered
83 Posts
Is there a way I can get my 2021 Sorrento
1 not to ask me to confirm the safety message every time
2 not to require my pin every time
3 just to display the radio screen rather than a blank screen every time
1. No
2. Make sure you’re using the Kia Connect app not UVO it’s discontinued.
3. No

1 is easily the most irritating thing I have found in any car I have owned.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nothing to do with EuroNCAP, it is to ensure that you take responsibility for your actions when driving and not a case of blaming the car "it told me to go this way" or "it didn't warn me when reversing to look at where I was going" or "it failed to obey the speed limits" .. you know the usual in this increasingly litigious world (you confirmed you knew your responsibilities every time you start the car). I don't understand the radio question... I have the PHEV K4 Sorrento and it resumes on the last screen I was on (after safety message confirmation) when the car was last in use (blank screen would only be there if I had physically turned off the unit before I turned off the car ignition itself) ...

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
2, Well never get asked for PIN on head unit. But you do when opening APP, unless you have biometrics enabled. But that is for security to stop a lost phone allowing access to your car.

Agree with above once warning message has gone then it will revert to last screen. Unless you use AA/ACP and then you have to press the button for that. Mines set on the STAR for easy access.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nothing to do with EuroNCAP, it is to ensure that you take responsibility for your actions when driving and not a case of blaming the car "it told me to go this way" or "it didn't warn me
I think they were making a general point, not necessarily on the sat nav. A lot of the annoying bongs, warnings, chimes etc are as a consequence of NCAP in order to get the magical 5 stars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.