Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my Proceed since Jan 2019 and used UVO with no problems until Jan/ Feb 2021. Account was apparently in a prolonged "transition period" ?....Here in June have reinstalled app countless times but still won't recognise my VIN number even though I have entered the correct number several times now. Getting frustrated to say the least. Yet ANOTHER frustration with Kia in my 18 months with them since my move from Audi!!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Hi Adie

We're sorry to hear about the UVO issue. We'd recommend deactivating the UVO account under the UVO menu of the car's touchscreen to first disassociate the car from the phone. Then register for the new KIA Account using a different email address. This will give you access to UVO and MyKia apps under a single login. That will let you start again with UVO and pair the phone with the car.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was using the old UVO App for my 2021 Kia e Soul and apart from the odd glitch it worked fine.
Then 2 days ago I tried to access the app and a message came up saying I had to follow the link and download the latest 2.0.0 version, which I did. Set it up and it worked.
After accessing it a few times that day I got this message and got locked out of the app😡
I remained locked out until just passed midnight when it allowed me access once again!
What the heck is Kia playing at? 529293B3-E195-422F-B75F-A375DBCEE7FB.png

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
I was using the old UVO App for my 2021 Kia e Soul and apart from the odd glitch it worked fine.
Then 2 days ago I tried to access the app and a message came up saying I had to follow the link and download the latest 2.0.0 version, which I did. Set it up and it worked.
After accessing it a few times that day I got this message and got locked out of the app😡
I remained locked out until just passed midnight when it allowed me access once again!
What the heck is Kia playing at? View attachment 10704
Was there any particular function you were trying to access several times that caused the lockout?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was there any particular function you were trying to access several times that caused the lockout?
I checked for the vehicle location twice and checked the trip information for the previous day and that’s about it. When I went back to login again that’s when I got the message and found out I was locked out of the app!
There have been others on other forum that have had the same problems, but no one seems to know just what access visit limits Kia have put on the app. Judging from the amount of times I’ve gone to access the app and seen this picture, it would seem that Kia’s server may be the problem. 5FC94F8E-6C39-4284-9E07-582192FD757D.png

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
I checked for the vehicle location twice and checked the trip information for the previous day and that’s about it. When I went back to login again that’s when I got the message and found out I was locked out of the app!
There have been others on other forum that have had the same problems, but no one seems to know just what access visit limits Kia have put on the app. Judging from the amount of times I’ve gone to access the app and seen this picture, it would seem that Kia’s server may be the problem. View attachment 10706
Thanks.
Just helps if this info is forward on just what people have been doing.
Which phone and Android version?

One question? Are you login out when you come out of the APP? As I never log out. And have not had to login other than 1st time.
Might have to refresh and do thumb print/code if not been in it for a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks.
Just helps if this info is forward on just what people have been doing.
Which phone and Android version?

One question? Are you login out when you come out of the APP? As I never log out. And have not had to login other than 1st time.
Might have to refresh and do thumb print/code if not been in it for a while.
I usualy log out although I have at times left the App open for hours and just refreshed. I logged in just now and up came the Terms and Conditions again and they asked me to input my VIN # which I did, but it wouldn’t let me send it to get an authorisation code! Just kept saying “Enter a valid VIN NUMBER”. So I got no further. This after already going through this back in April when I picked up the car from the dealer and using the old App for 5 weeks!
However I got in without an authorised code 😊 in the car and was able to check the 4 trips I did this morning and to update the cars charge status.
This App is full of bugs that really shouldn’t be there, but what can we expect from a car company that is so penny pinching, that they don’t even give the customers a folder/pouch to keep the service book and manuals in.
My phone is an iPhone 12 Pro Max with the latest updates if that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts