Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had a problem ? UVO been working just fine for months (since the last update), but today NOTHING, just a blank screen ! I've done a Force Stop ( not sure what that does !), uninstalled & re installed the App, but no improvement so just wondering if it's something I've done / not done, because all other apps are operating normally. Solutions will be gratefully received !

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
I don't have UVO so I do know if this is any help - the UVO app has been replaced the details are here. Note: the instructions state delete the old version.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many many thanks mr. macspot, really appreciated. I did get an email from Kia extolling the virtues of Kia Connect (UVO) but thought it was for those without the app because there is no mention to uninstall the version I have first ! Anyway, will download & hope I kept my log in details safe - thanks again.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, have installed the Kia Connect app AND the Kia UVO app, independently and having uninstalled each one first, but all I get is this ; having responded to the "location" & agreement requests ( photos, files etc), on the Kia Connect app it shows a BLACK screen , the UVO '21 app shows a RED screen, both without any writing or buttons to select. The screen remains in the blank ,red or black, state and will not respond further . My wee brain is frazzled with installing / uninstalling the apps, all to no improvement whatsoever :mad: To Gerd, thanks but the screen in the car is OK, and says I'm connected so I don't think there's any need to reset. My mobile appears fine in every other way too so the fault lies elsewhere I reckon. Anyway, in the absence of a solution by then I'll wait until the E Niro's initial service on 1st November & seek the dealers advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Niro has lost connection to UVO even though it normally has connection on my drive. Not sure what mobile network UVO uses but maybe there is a network issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, have installed the Kia Connect app AND the Kia UVO app, independently and having uninstalled each one first, but all I get is this ; having responded to the "location" & agreement requests ( photos, files etc), on the Kia Connect app it shows a BLACK screen , the UVO '21 app shows a RED screen, both without any writing or buttons to select. The screen remains in the blank ,red or black, state and will not respond further . My wee brain is frazzled with installing / uninstalling the apps, all to no improvement whatsoever :mad: To Gerd, thanks but the screen in the car is OK, and says I'm connected so I don't think there's any need to reset. My mobile appears fine in every other way too so the fault lies elsewhere I reckon. Anyway, in the absence of a solution by then I'll wait until the E Niro's initial service on 1st November & seek the dealers advice.
See Kia Connect - Uvo Update 30-09-21 | Kia Owners Club Forum . It is very specific in the need to uninstall the UVO app ; "Please delete UVO Connect 2021 before attempting to use Kia Connect because the old app may cause problems with functionality if it remains installed. "

If I were you I would clear the data and cache for both apps and then un-install both apps before re-installing KIA Connect. The data and cache can be cleared at Apps > Kia Connect> Storage. To be on the safe side you could also re-boot the phone before the new installation. This should result in a clean install for the Kia Connect app.

Hope this helps

David

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
No harm is done by resetting head unit. Even if it is showing a mobile signal, it does not mean it is connected.

But 1st get rid of the old UVO app on phone. & just use the Connect (black version).

I always find shutting down pone & leaving off for 30 secs or so helps to clear some issues. Just like clearing cache out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys, very much appreciated. I tried all the tips fernbank offered, unfortunately no improvement BUT, being away this w/e staying in a Warner's hotel thought I'd try again -- Eureka !! Everything's now working perfectly, just hope it still works when I get back home ! I reckon the advice to clear the cache, shutting down & re booting having uninstalled each app, and using the Kia Connect one ( black) has finally done the trick, but it took it's time because I tried before leaving home this morning with no success. Maybe IT had got frazzled too for a while ! Anyway, fingers crossed for when I get back home - thanks again for the interest and advice.l

·
Registered
Niro hybrid 2022
48 Posts
I have found that if you set the UVO app up on your own wifi, it works fine ( locks and unlocks car etc ) on the wifi , as soon as you use the mobile data on your phone, it stops working, however if you set it up using your mobile data, it works all the time .. it's an odd app far too clunky ... i tend not to use that much if at all only for the logs of the journey.

·
Registered
Niro DL, 2020, UVO
132 Posts
I have no probs with Kia Connect app, neither using my inhouse wifi, nor outside mobile data. Using mobile data sometimes takes a little bit more time to connect. I think it depends on your local situation.

·
Registered
Niro hybrid 2022
48 Posts
TBH if you're going towards the car, you have the key, the car sees this and the doors open etc , then get in start the car .
The apps is more for full EV drivers, as pressing unlock waiting a few seconds then walking to the car is just adding a pointless step, as you will have the key on you . Unless you want to lock or unlock the car from a long way away ... then, i would still go to the car ..

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
Head unit uses Vodafone network to connect to Kia server. So if you are parked at home it will still use vodafone mobile network, not you local WiFi.
Your phone will use either your WiFi, then send message via internet, If in range or your network provider if not to connect to the Kia servers. Which then send any instruction's to the car.

So how phone & car connect to Kia servers should not make any difference.

Do not know about other people but Vodafone is very flaky round here, especially if car is parked down side of house. Move it passed front of house & it's not too bad..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.