Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been able to connect to my E-Niro's UVO system from my phone for the past few days. Tried the dealer and got the usual "turn it off an on again" "delete the app" advice. Digging about I tried the Activate UVO button in the data section of of the settings. The wheel of death whirled round for a bit and then a message popped up saying the car couldn't connect to the server and contact the dealer to fix it.

The modem seems to be working as it has 5 blobs so I was wondering if the network was down. I know it was in the States as there was a ransomware attack so thought it may be happening here too.

Anyone else having problems?

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's working for me right now. Over the last few weeks I have had connection problems if the car hasn't been used for a couple of days. It seems to go to sleep but as soon as I turn the starter on UVO clicks in again.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
If you move the car to a more open area does it work?

I'm thinking that maybe the car is not getting a good mobile signal.

My App is connecting to server to get the data from trips, but trying to unlock doors is getting a failure message.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have not been able to connect to my E-Niro's UVO system from my phone for the past few days. Tried the dealer and got the usual "turn it off an on again" "delete the app" advice. Digging about I tried the Activate UVO button in the data section of of the settings. The wheel of death whirled round for a bit and then a message popped up saying the car couldn't connect to the server and contact the dealer to fix it.

The modem seems to be working as it has 5 blobs so I was wondering if the network was down. I know it was in the States as there was a ransomware attack so thought it may be happening here too.

Anyone else having problems?
I had a similar problem last week. After weeks of not using the Nav etc when I tried to plot a route it wasn't having it. Failed to connect to the network. Pressed the Reset button on the head unit and connection was immediately restored. Hope this may help, didn't need to trouble the dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you move the car to a more open area does it work?

I'm thinking that maybe the car is not getting a good mobile signal.

My App is connecting to server to get the data from trips, but trying to unlock doors is getting a failure message.
Sadly the car has a strong signal, so it's not that. Thanks for the thought though.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
On my head unit there is a little recessed switch near the volume knob, that one. Needs a biro or similar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just tried UVo & it worked in it locked the doors.

As per above. Photo often helps.
Reset is between the volume dial & Map button... That little dot under the white triangle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice. Sounds a bit scary. Was it the man reset or the UVO deactivate and reset?
Just tried UVo & it worked in it locked the doors.

As per above. Photo often helps.
Reset is between the volume dial & Map button... That little dot under the white triangle

View attachment 9750
Utterly Brilliant! Worked like a treat. Thanks Alan very much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Sounds like the sim had deactivated itself. Which seems to be a common issue with car's not being used much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks, thanks for the chat here. Picked up my E-Niro last week but have had no luck getting UVO to activate. Came across the forum last night, used reset button this morning and UVO connect was up and running with app in about 5 minutes. Much appreciated. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts