Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One for KCS, unless anyone has managed to work out how.

I have set up UVO, but it stops WiFi on the car. (message on screen)

What I would like to do is try and see if I can get Android Auto working via WiFi ( I have charging pad, so keeping phone charged is not a issue)
Only option I can see is to deactivate Uvo account, which I do not really want to do given how awkward it is to set up.

So can you simply turn Uvo off on the head unit or not?

Car is 2020 "4" Niro Self Charging Hybrid 10.2 screen.

Registered
One for KCS, unless anyone has managed to work out how.

I have set up UVO, but it stops WiFi on the car. (message on screen)

What I would like to do is try and see if I can get Android Auto working via WiFi ( I have charging pad, so keeping phone charged is not a issue)
Only option I can see is to deactivate Uvo account, which I do not really want to do given how awkward it is to set up.

So can you simply turn Uvo off on the head unit or not?

Car is 2020 "4" Niro Self Charging Hybrid 10.2 screen.
As far as I can tell Android Auto only works via a cable. Not that I use it that much but I have been told the current generation of head units don't support Android Auto via wifi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I can tell Android Auto only works via a cable. Not that I use it that much but I have been told the current generation of head units don't support Android Auto via wifi

Not sure if it will work, but it is possible on some head units.
1st thing I did was set up Uvo, so did not see if I had the wireless option. :(

Registered
Not sure if it will work, but it is possible on some head units.
1st thing I did was set up Uvo, so did not see if I had the wireless option. :(

Agreed, but that's USA. My 70 plate UK Sportage tells me that Android Auto HAS to be used via a cable. I suspect the US market is ahead of us. If that is not the case I'm totally unaware that it works or how.

Registered
I was under the impression auto w/l is still only available on brand new kit. Compatable handset AND head unit, rocking 5g wireless. I have no hope that w/l will ever work on my 67 plate.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was under the impression auto w/l is still only available on brand new kit. Compatable handset AND head unit, rocking 5g wireless. I have no hope that w/l will ever work on my 67 plate.
I have AA wireless enabled on my phone (developer options) so that side is OK.

Registered
If you have a 5g handset, it should come down to whether the car unit was advanced enough when installed. I take it you have the option for phone projection over WiFi in the settings?

Basically, I'm out of ideas, good luck with kcs' answer. 馃槈

Registered
Hi iooi

Wireless Android Auto (and Apple CarPlay) are in development for your generation of head unit. We hope to see this functionality arrive later this year.

Regarding UVO, we understand there is an option to take the car offline in the touchscreen settings menu. Please see the infotainment web manual for your model at Owner's Manual

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi iooi

Wireless Android Auto (and Apple CarPlay) are in development for your generation of head unit. We hope to see this functionality arrive later this year.

Regarding UVO, we understand there is an option to take the car offline in the touchscreen settings menu. Please see the infotainment web manual for your model at Owner's Manual
Hi. Thanks for the detailed reply.

Will have a look tomorrow snow permitting. Need to clear the damned stuff of car before anything else...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts