Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys can anybody please tell me the correct replacement belt for my 2003 2.5 crdi sorento and am i correct in believing it has a timing chain and not belt thanks

·
Registered
Santa Fe auto Sorento auto gone. Picanto & i10
5,232 Posts
I always used Gates serpentine belt available at any motor factors. Yes timing chains

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Can’t help on that as I had the 138BHP were yours is the 168 BHP. If you look on a motor part factors website and enter your registration number the correct length belt should come up.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I always put a ring spanner on the sprung loaded tensioner and the other end of spanner attach a ratchet strap. Locate other end of strap to a secure point and then ratchet until tensioner is pulled clear of belt. When new belt fitted release tension of strap so tensioner is back on belt. Job done.

·
Registered
'05 Sorento xse auto
857 Posts
........and if you haven't done one before, you had better draw yourself a picture which will save you time staring at it when you can't remember how it went....back in the old days, there was only the water pump and dynamo to go around but some belts now have a dozen different pulleys to go around and can be confusing?.....just saying.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trying to find a workshop manual but the only one i can find on line are the american ones for the 3.5 as i need to check out the a/c compressor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts