Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yep, interesting review. Thanks Odono.

The part about the rattling sunroofs was interesting:

Rattles
Buy a car with a sunroof and it might rattle very noticeably. Quite a few cars have been fixed already.

Not sure that is right! Anyone had their roof successfully fixed??

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm not aware of many successful cases. My car is in today. New dealer to me. They seemed to know about a 'fix' for the roof, so we will see. Just hope they don't make it worse!

Out of interest, on the way home in a Ceed the stop start was kicking in at all the right times. Made me think about the Stinger's stop start which I've not seen work for over a year. We only do short journeys - do you think I should ask them to check it, or will it just be the state of battery charge due to short journeys that is the problem? How is everyone else's stop start?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine only works after a 200 mile trip, after a couple of days its gone again, battery has to be above 70% and certain conditions are met, personally drives me mad, so as soon as it starts working i turn it off 🤣

·
Registered
182 Posts
My stop start will only work after I have done my weekly 195 mile Nottingham to Manchester roundtrip and will continue working for the following days but as ODONO said above, as soon as it has been a couple of days not driving it is back to not working. This was the exact same as in my 2017 Kia Ceed before but that would work even less than my Stinger despite me driving the Stinger less. I could do 800 miles in a week and Ceed still wouldn't kick in. Kia just have the worst stop start system going. It is only some BS regulation so they can fudge the C02 figures anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.

My wife's 1 series only does short journeys and she does a tenth of my mileage and works flawlessly every time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine only works after a 200 mile trip, after a couple of days its gone again, battery has to be above 70% and certain conditions are met, personally drives me mad, so as soon as it starts working i turn it off 🤣
Mine works whenever I forget to turn it off. Usually the first thing I do on start up.

·
Registered
2017 Stinger GTS in Panthera Metal with Red Leather
97 Posts
I know I have not had mine that long, but never seen it work at all. I thought it was a duff replacement battery as actually a BMW one but AGM.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Strange guys, my stop/start works every day. As soon as the car is warmed up, it kicks in at the first junction or set of lights.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm not aware of many successful cases. My car is in today. New dealer to me. They seemed to know about a 'fix' for the roof, so we will see. Just hope they don't make it worse!
If the fix is anything beyond loosening, straightening, re-tightening and greasing / lubing, do please let us all know!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I think stop/start needs a few conditions to work. Main one that it won’t work on is if demister button on on. Curiously though with demister off and using the button to cycle through the air heater to demister on the display I’ve seen stop and go work with that one on.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My stop/start only works after I do a long drive, but stops working quite quickly after I get into my normal routine (normally only short journeys)

I am getting a Bluetooth Battery Monitor delivered tomorrow as I want to keep an eye on my battery levels, looks OK and only £19 - much cheaper than the CTek device that does the same thing.

If anybody is interested - its on Amazon, search for - Auto Battery Monitor BM2 Bluetooth 4.0 12V Device Car Battery Tester (1pcs) (At this moment there is a 5% discount code to get it just under £19)

I must be one of the lucky ones, up to now no rattles/squeaks etc from my sunroof 🤞🙏

Cheers

Phil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts