Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being distrustful of the rerouting given by the Kia satnav I've tried running Google Maps using AA at the same time so I can flipflop between the two, however, I find that although this works initially and I can have the Kia map running in a window it soon stops working. It then isn't straightforward to switch between the two navs and I have to reinput the destination each time. Has anyone tried this successfully on GEN5W

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
I believe, and somebody will hopefully put me right, when the phone is connected to the car and Android Auto is in use it picks up the GPS signal from the cars antenna. So you may find it isn't doable.

Edit: I should have said it's done to give more accuracy than the phone antenna is capable of at the cars speed.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe, and somebody will hopefully put me right, when the phone is connected to the car and Android Auto is in use it picks up the GPS signal from the cars antenna. So you may find it isn't doable.
I agree I have a feeling thats what's happening, but someone recently talked about running some app or other & the Kia nav to get speed warnings (I think 🙄) and I thought that was using AA but I'm probably wrong, or it wasn't Gen5W

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Never tried it while having navigation set. So no idea on that.
But switching between is easy.
Set the "Star" to AA.
So hit star button & you have AA & whichever app was running last. Hit map & it then goes back to maps (y)

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never tried it while having navigation set. So no idea on that.
But switching between is easy.
Set the "Star" to AA.
So hit star button & you have AA & whichever app was running last. Hit map & it then goes back to maps (y)
Ah so simple 😁 thanks, I think I will still have the issue of having to give the destination each time I switch but I'll give it a try

1 - 8 of 8 Posts