Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This issue has been discussed before I know but not as far as I can see for my problem.Should the audio unit remember where it finished last time or return back to the start? Mine has started returning to the start every time and I wonder if it is the USB stick or not? I am sure my previous stick didn't do this but as I lost the little bleeder so I cant check. Any ideas?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My CD remembers where it is and resumes but the stick starts again even though it has been left in the dash. I will try another stick.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having now tried a smaller 1gb stick it appears that low capacity USB's are fine, as it plays and remembers where you were next time you turn on, but higher gb sticks are the problem. At what point they become a problem I don't know.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I use an 8 Gb Sandisk stick and it remembers where it was unless the stick is removed of course .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use a 8Gb stick like Andy with the same results, The CD remembers it's place as well, but my MP3 starts from the begining again no matter what I do

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Hi everyone,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

There seems to be some confusion about whether our audio system should remember the place when a USB device is used and the engine restarted.

This depends on what device is being used as to whether play will resume from the beginning of the play list or from the last place. Unfortunately, we don't have a list of recommended USB devices that we know resume play.

If you feel there's a problem with your audio system despite this, please speak to your dealer. We'll be happy to check that the system is working as it should.

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521
Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 6pm
Friday: 8.30am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts