Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First post on here, just the one question so far. I've a SD card adaptor in the USB socket and from what I see, the LED lamp on the adaptor is permanently on. I'm assuming that this will cause battery drain and it does not disconnect when the ignition is switched off
Any comments or thoughts please?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I think you'll find the power goes off to the USB after five or so minutes after you lock the car, or after you get in and you don't press any buttons. I can see my USB power-on as soon as I unlock the car. My KIA is a previous model of the Ceed line-up, but I don't imagine operation of the USB software has changed between the generations.

For peace of mind, perhaps just try sitting in the car and wait to see if it does indeed go off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello gdh300
What you've said makes sense, it does seem strange the USB stays live yet you cannot have the radio on without the accessory position being selected

·
Registered
288 Posts
You can in my Pro_cee'd!

If I press the volume knob, I get about five minutes before it powers off (after warning you to start the engine). Plenty of time to sort out a destination on the sat-nav, etc. Saves the scroll through ACC and IGN on the start button; I've never liked the need to put the ignition on so briefly, as the fans still start, the fuel pump primes, etc etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts