Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an issue with the new SW. Stuuf in a USB stick and it plays like a good un - sometimes! Trouble is sometimes it just quits playing and that's it - no amount of button pressing helps.

Take stick out and put it back in again and it starts again - sometimes it'll keep playing with no issues - other times it quits. Tried it with another stick - identical to the first and same issue.

I'm using Kingston data traveller so it's a good make but I'm wondering whether the USB sticks are fast enough for the car. Anyone any ideas.

Cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
If the Memory stick is a USB 2.0 Device then the trnsferr rates are fine, from the problems i had with my sterio i'd suggest that it is the sterio at fault and not your USB sticks

Ask a Kia dealership to upgrade the software for the sterio, see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would suspect that the USB stick needs de fragmenting on a windows machine.

To do this you would need a windows pc with the USB stick plugged into.
Go to my computer (or computer in vi$ta and above) and then right mouse click on the USB stick.
Select properties
then select tools and under here is the option to defrag the drive.
select this and after several minutes (up to one hour) the device is defragged.

De fragmenting - means to re join all files (as they have a habit of splitting over time) and also to reorganise them correctly on the drive.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i am Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi (2009) owner, andhave noticed problems like yours. i think its the stereo that has the problem reading any thing whether its mp3 player or cd. i have problems with cd's aswel, disc error etc.
but if i switch off the engine and restart car everything is fine again. strange....

but i notice the less folders within foldersyou have on cd's or mps players ( or any device for that matter) the better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I realise this is an old post now, but just thought I'd add something.

I use an 8gb Sandisk Cruzer stick and have had no problems with this after nearly a year of use. I rip all my cd's into Windows Media Player, then sync the stick with it to copy mp3 files across. Just drag and drop each album until you have everything you want copied then hit 'go'. Works a treat and very quick

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bizarrely I have had no more problems and the only thing that has changed is the weather in that we are now much warmer. Wonder of my stick is a bit temperature or moisture sensitive!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts