Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of the cost to install a USB point to the audio system,so i can play my mp3's from a memory stick?I have a Picanto 1.0 1 and i know it is standard on dearer models.
Edited by: ex3199

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Good afternoon Ex3199,

If you'dlike to letme know whatmodel year the Picantois, I'll try and find some answersforyou.

Kia Customer Service

0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk

Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk

Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours
<DIV ="ingTimes fcx">
<TABLE>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =left>Monday to Wednesday:</TD>
<TD =right>8:30am - 6pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =left>Thursday:</TD>
<TD =right>9:30am - 6pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =left>Friday:</TD>
<TR>
<TD =left>Saturday:</TD>
<TD =right>9am - 1pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =left>Sunday:</TD>
<TD =right>Closed</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Just to clarify what model I have. It is the Picanto 1 1.0 base model. Any idea on prices for parts or complete install?

Thx.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Good morning,
Thanks for confirming the model details.

I'm afraid at this time there isn't a way to adapt our audio equipment to incorporate the use of your USB stick.

The audio equipment in your car is very versatile and part of this is MP3 compatibility, so you will be able to play your music if you write them to a CD.

If you have any further questions please let us know or call us on 0845 6017521.

Kia Customer Services

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

<H4>Call centre opening hours</H4>

<DIV ="ingTimes fcx">
<TABLE>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =left>Monday to Wednesday:</TD>
<TR>
<TD =left>Thursday:</TD>
<TD =right>9:30am - 6pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =left>Friday:</TD>
<TR>
<TD =left>Saturday:</TD>
<TD =right>9am - 1pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =left>Sunday:</TD>
<TD =right>Closed</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
917 Posts
ex3199 said:
Does anyone know of the cost to install a USB point to the audio system,so i can play my mp3's from a memory stick?I have a Picanto 1.0 1 and i know it is standard on dearer models.

If you can burn your music onto CD's (as suggested) that's often a better option than USB.

The reason I say that is many head units will play CD's from the point that you turned off the ignition.

With SD or USB media they usually start at the very beginning when you turn on the ignition.

Perhaps different head units behave in different ways these days?
Edited by: gtd2000

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow! Sensible answers from Kia Customer Service! Maybe having them on the forum will be beneficial.
GTD2000 - my Carens has the USB input and my USB stick carries on from where it left off when ignition switched back on.
My last car had a USB on the head unit and as you say it always returned to the beginning!Was a right pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts