Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Look through YouTube, they get different engines, spec IE heated and cooled drivers seat, start/stop button the list goes on, might be because they have won every war according to the films so get the best
(only joking),

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
IIRC that diamond grille is only on the petrol turbo model. I like it too. I also envy the 250 horsepower it has as well. That must be a seriously quick car.

American gallons are smaller than British ones so their cars aren't quite as thirsty as they seem... 15mpg instead of 12

·
Registered
30 Posts
they have turbo charged engines, this is why they are so quick, and 276bhp!! AFA the grill goes, u can get one on ebay. read somewhere some people from netherlands changed their grill to the chromed diamond one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone know if changing the front grill to the US version would indeed void the cars warranty?
Given that this is a genuine kia oem part it would appear somewhat harsh to void the warranty.
If anyone has carried out this mod, what have the garage said when you have dropped the car in for a service?
Thanks D.Edited by: Dexter

·
Registered
537 Posts
@ Dexter My dealer said it looks nice. My dealer also installed my aftermarket headlights for me. It can't affect the warranty,unless you damage something while replacing the grill. Then that damaged part won't be covered. Rest of the car still will be.
Edited by: SlovaKIA

·
Registered
242 Posts
My Sportage will be going in for a service next month so I'll let you know if they say anything. It's the same dealer I used when I had the Sorento and they didn't have a problem with the mods I did to that.
The only part I took off the Sorento when it went to the dealer for servicing/warranty work was the tuning box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.