Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just updated my Kia Cee’d 2018 sat Nav Gen 5 to the latest version but now the speed limit just shows —

Can you manually add the correct speed limits or will this be fixed as it worked fine before tte update?

Also can you change the setting to just show current street name without showing town and county name?

thanks
Gadget Audio equipment Display device Font Electronic device

·
Super Moderator
3,427 Posts
The speed limit issue is a known issue and there is a long thread covering this issue here, although some of today's posts are suggesting a fix/update maybe arriving soon.
I can't answer your other queries, I've not updated due to the bug.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,495 Posts
Also can you change the setting to just show current street name without showing town and county name?

thanks
I've been through all the menus on mine and have not found any way of restricting the display to street name only.

I agree it is somewhat OTT to include UK (I think we know that from the side the steering wheel is on :) )

Reactions: resistme

·
Super Moderator
3,427 Posts
I suppose it's because the maps cover Europe. Also there is a number of Stockton's in UK and, although I thought our street name was unusual, there are a dozen or so streets with the same name. One input form is probably easier to manage from a developers point of view. All guess work on my behalf. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The speed limit issue is a known issue and there is a long thread covering this issue here, although some of today's posts are suggesting a fix/update maybe arriving soon.
I can't answer your other queries, I've not updated due to the bug.
I didn't notice any warnings before updating - I just wanted updated maps as there was several roads I drive though that didn't exist on the old map! Hopefully the bug is fixed soon!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been through all the menus on mine and have not found any way of restricting the display to street name only.

I agree it is somewhat OTT to include UK (I think we know that from the side the steering wheel is on :) )
Yea, think you'd have to be really lost to not know which country you were it! They should drop country at least!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts