Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm currently trying to update the navigation on my Kia Niro 2018, I've been using the official Kia software. On the software it says i need an SD card that is 32gb, so I plugged the one in that came with the car. However the software said that the storage device was too small for the install package ( the update I'm recommended to install is 44gb) I then went out and bought a 64gb SD card. and now the software is saying it cant install because the card is 64gb or bigger.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
Kia Soul sport
633 Posts
I would refrain from this for a few months until all issues are sorted you may regret any updates at the moment looking by the posts on here

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
I'm taking a guess that you were downloading direct to the SD card. Might be better to download to PC & then transfer to SD card. Let the update APP format the SD card (y)

44 gig seems a large download. Just which file are you downloading?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tried that but still having same issue.:cry:
I'm taking a guess that you were downloading direct to the SD card. Might be better to download to PC & then transfer to SD card. Let the update APP format the SD card (y)

44 gig seems a large download. Just which file are you downloading?

Im downloading the Niro PHEV 2018 from Navigation Updater.

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
But are you downloading on to your computer hard drive & then transferring to the SD card. Or is it going direct to the SD card.
You get the option to set up where the files go.

Mine go to my hard drive & then get transfered to USB Drive (in my case) by the APP which also formats the USB drive 1st.
If going direct to SD card it may be it is not being formatted in the correct format.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

Only reason it mentions 44 GIG of hard drive space is some of the files are compressed, so are extracted when being transfered to the SD card. DATA size is 22 GIG.

Product Font Communication Device Gadget Screenshot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But are you downloading on to your computer hard drive & then transferring to the SD card. Or is it going direct to the SD card.
You get the option to set up where the files go.

Mine go to my hard drive & then get transfered to USB Drive (in my case) by the APP which also formats the USB drive 1st.
If going direct to SD card it may be it is not being formatted in the correct format.

View attachment 15204
I will give that a go, thank you,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I'm currently trying to update the navigation on my Kia Niro 2018, I've been using the official Kia software. On the software it says i need an SD card that is 32gb, so I plugged the one in that came with the car. However the software said that the storage device was too small for the install package ( the update I'm recommended to install is 44gb) I then went out and bought a 64gb SD card. and now the software is saying it cant install because the card is 64gb or bigger.

Any help is appreciated.
1st take a photo of your satnav screen for the software & firmware.
Link from kia- Official Kia - Navigation Update Website
Follow the onscreen instructions, it put an icon on my Windows desktop.
I was told use Optima My18. I did put in the software version in one section.
The only issues I have is. It reads road signs for speed, except when I go into national speed limits 60mph it sees the sign as circle with ----- in it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts