Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my Sportage 2019 4th gen serviced and updated Sat Nav in early September 2021, and have found all displays changed.
Can anyone please say if they are aware of why navigation using longitude and latitude has disappeared and is no available or have i not been able to find it.

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro 4
252 Posts
I'm pretty sure I came across a screen this morning in my travels in the Head unit that gave Lat & Long and also Altitude I'm 14yards above sea level (which sounds about right, can't remember where though! Need a map of the Head unit :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi Level 3
23 Posts
Talking about Upgrades. I have recently noticed that when I set a new destination a pop-up appears telling me that 'The version of the navigation map is outdated'. It adds ' Please update the map to the newest version'. I cannot find out how to download the latest version to install. Does this mean another trip to my dealership to have the map updated?

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
583 Posts
Yes, but If you post your satnav map and software version we can help you further.

·
Banned
54 Posts
The longitude and latitude details are on the new picanto my 21 Satnav its just a case of looking through the Satnav for them so I would have thought that the Sportage would have had a more superior SatNav system installed

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
The longitude and latitude details are on the new picanto my 21 Satnav its just a case of looking through the Satnav for them so I would have thought that the Sportage would have had a more superior SatNav system installed
Although you have a new car, you may find your software is not fully up to date.

·
Banned
54 Posts
I am wondering that, because even though my navigation longitude and latitude are showing as working correct in the system the Satnav did come up with an upgrade message after putting in an address yesterday. And I do tend to get dead areas where the radio stops working for a second or two

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,501 Posts
And I do tend to get dead areas where the radio stops working for a second or two
Quite normal if you are listening to a DAB broadcast. DAB will abruptly stop when the signal error level exceeds the ability to error correct unlike FM which just delivers a noisy signal.

Edit: I should add that DAB is able to decide to cut out just when the interesting bit is being broadcast :)

·
Banned
54 Posts
Quite normal if you are listening to a DAB broadcast. DAB will abruptly stop when the signal error level exceeds the ability to error correct unlike FM which just delivers a noisy signal.

Edit: I should add that DAB is able to decide to cut out just when the interesting bit is being broadcast :)
Thank you for the info and yes it is DAB that I have and listen too :) and correct on cutting out when its the best bit

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
Talking about Upgrades. I have recently noticed that when I set a new destination a pop-up appears telling me that 'The version of the navigation map is outdated'. It adds ' Please update the map to the newest version'. I cannot find out how to download the latest version to install. Does this mean another trip to my dealership to have the map updated?
You go to your dealer and they do it for you, for a small charge. (£40 RRP)

Yoou do not have to keep updating the maps unless you feel the need. (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.