Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sportage GTI 20 reg
Following problems with my radio cutting of periodically, I have now had my media / mapping software updated.

However the mapping display doesn't look right to me.

You can see I have zoomed right in to 25yds yet it is nigh on imossible to read any road names when sitting in the driving seast

Is this normal now before I consider going back to the garage?

Sleeve Gadget Font Dress shirt Clock

·
Registered
121 Posts
Unfortunately, that is the 'improvement' made to the built in mapping. It is quite awful and means I never use the built in mapping any more - you just can't see the roads clearly enough.

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
208 Posts
Yip same here. I've complained on twitter too and they say they d like to see pics so will take them soon. It might be a little easier with maps on 3D and still keep the view at 25yds but not but much.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just had mine updated and could not agree more, one thing that is driving me mad is I have always had a warning of speed camera's at about 100 to 200 yards with a bing bong sound (always happy with that) but now there is a second much louder bong as i pass the speed camera that serves no purpose at all.
Any ideas how i can turn the newly appeared bong off anyone

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,415 Posts
Just had mine updated and could not agree more, one thing that is driving me mad is I have always had a warning of speed camera's at about 100 to 200 yards with a bing bong sound (always happy with that) but now there is a second much louder bong as i pass the speed camera that serves no purpose at all.
Any ideas how i can turn the newly appeared bong off anyone
As I am yet to update this may be a little bit out of date, but switching off warnings on the old software is: Press [SETUP] > [Navigation] > [Guidance].
The online owners manual shows this:
Organism Slope Rectangle Font Triangle

·
Registered
378 Posts
Problem with turning off warnings is it no longer alerts you with a bong when approaching a speed camera, especially important if you are in an unfamiliar area. Yes it stops the annoying bong when clearing the camera but personally I'd put up with that rather than getting a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thats the problem, before update only one bong warning of speed camera ahead, after update second bong telling you you have just passed the speed camera, whats the point of that.

·
Super Moderator
6,829 Posts
Thats the problem, before update only one bong warning of speed camera ahead, after update second bong telling you you have just passed the speed camera, whats the point of that.
To remind you that you can speed up again 😱 😂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts