Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have just had my maps updated & this changes the display to Type 2.
I'm trying to set up my profile.
It lets me get as far as entering my phone no, but when pressing send I get this error. I'm entering the number as listed in my UVO account.

As it appears the UVO account was tied to the "Guest acc" I deactivated UVO (now lost all previous info on trips etc) and reset it.
Despite the number being in the same format as listed in my UVO APP it will not send code (tried both 44+ & 077)

I wish they would stop changing the format.. Eur.13 made sense...
I can only take it that 210303 actually means update from 03-03-2021

Registered
This may not help much, but I guess it's a starter, I saw a similar message when trying to register my wife's phone with the car. Essentially it was saying she did not have her number registered with Uvo, and when I created her a separate Uvo account (using the mobile app) with her phone number I was then able to link her account with her profile on the head unit.

As a suggestion, have you tried logging out of the Uvo app on your phone and signing back in? The problem might be related to the account you were using with the Uvo app, and what is registered on the Uvo servers. Signing out and back in might highlight a problem with your account, which would explain why the car can't find an account with your phone number.

I notice that as of Jan 2021 it is no longer possible to register a new Uvo account, instead you have to create a Kia account and login with that.

You mention that you deactivated Uvo, I presume that was on the head unit. I was curious about that and how it worked when you traded the car in, as Uvo is registered for seven years from activation, but you wouldn't want your personal info left on the device after trade in (such as your recent trips). So, presumably you can somehow reactivate Uvo to use the remaining portion of the subscription, I'm guessing from Setup button, General Settings... (I'm gong by memory here from my Sportage). I'd expect this to then continue the remainder of the seven year subscription. I wonder if a deactivation wipes your account too, and you need to re-register. A sign-out of the app and re-sign in should confirm any account problems.

Out of interest, why did you deactivate Uvo? I'm asking because I'm getting an update next week, and I'm now wondering if I'll encounter problems.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the deactivate it as thought it was connected to the guest profile (basically it sets up a new one on the head unit) to see if it would force number to be picked up.
I want it connected to my profile.

I have now deleted app on phone and reinstalled (fully shut phone down as well after) Have been into MY KIA (I have a linked acc) and made sure all the numbers are in the correct format (+44) which they are. Also tried logging out 1st.
Also tried reset number in UVO app and that has made no difference.

My Kia shows UVO connected.

If you are getting the maps updated it moves you to the Type 2 (purple) set up on the head unit, so you can set up 2 profiles & a guest acc. Which sounds like you have already.
Each profile allows you to set radio, map style navigation etc to your own taste. It is fun sorting out out and may explain some issues people have with maps etc.

I am thinking of setting up a acc under mrs phone and seeing if that will work.

I just do not want to go to deleting everything under this email I use. Unless I really have to, as it then becomes a pain to keep track on a seperate email.

It's really frustrating as playing with the Type 2. I am finding it a good set up.

Makes me wonder given the other users issues with number not being picked up if there is a issue on the server & phone numbers.

Going to bed now to sleep on it and plan the attack for tomorrow

Registered
Ah, yes, I already have the "newer" version, purple icons etc. There are two individual profiles, plus a guest profile. TBH it is a pain, because me and the missus are quite happy to compromise on settings, so now it seems we need to do everything twice, set map colour, set up home location, etc. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if it's more trouble than it's worth. Amusingly, many years ago we had a Mazda5 which came with two keys, but cleverly each key remembered the driver's seat position and altered it dependent on the key used, this was 2006, before keyless ignitions, so if they could do that then, surely such a feature would make more sense now.

I'm getting the maps updated because the car is a week old, and has the EUR12 version, which from reading on here is 2020 maps, and when issuing voice commands the head unit helpfully tells me there is an update available, also I've read EUR13, 2021 was released on 20 April, so the dealership should have done a thorough job and ensured they were up to date before vehicle release.

Given my experience it would make sense to set up a separate account for your good lady, and see if you can link it to her profile. As mentioned, I had to set up a separate account for my wife to make proper use of the system. Part of the reason for needing a separate account is the gimmicky features such as being able to upload a personal profile photo - it wouldn't work if you both used the same mobile account. However, the difficulty may come in this, the main Uvo account needs to share the vehicle from within the app to another (wife's) account. If you can't get that bit working, you're going to be a bit stuck, unless you can make your wife's account the master account, which seems unlikely if your Kia account is showing as Uvo connected.

I've logged into myKia account, clicked on Profile menu, from the drop-down selected My Profile, then on the page that loads, clicked Go to Kia Account (which takes me to KIA ACCOUNT), and on that page I can see the Uvo settings shown in your image, however I have no mobile phone number on that page, the boxes are blank.

Registered
To add just a bit more confusion to this thread, my UVO App forced me into updating/upgrading to UVO Connect (red icon instead of white). Somewhere during the process I was instructed to link the app to my Kia Account and at (I think) it was at that point I got the dreaded message telling me that my mobile phone number was not in a valid format, despite the fact that UVO has been working perfectly well since September.

After being stuck on this screen for a few minutes it just worked, I didn't do anything, mainly because I couldn't think of anything to do. I've just tried sending a POI to the car and it worked.

I'm sorry I can't guide you through the process, I'm just totally flummoxed, all of the various Kia apps seem to be more quirky than they need to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
I've logged into myKia account, clicked on Profile menu, from the drop-down selected My Profile, then on the page that loads, clicked Go to Kia Account (which takes me to KIA ACCOUNT), and on that page I can see the Uvo settings shown in your image, however I have no mobile phone number on that page, the boxes are blank.

View attachment 10687
When I log into my Kia Account my mobile phone number is shown in the relevant box, in the format 44 then full number without leading zero. Not sure if that will help you

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Druids Nectar
Yep, i found that blank as well and updated it.
What I have noticed is that sometimes when you go back into My Kia & your profile. It adds a 0 in front of your number, even though it was not entered, or there before..

I do have a spare phone & sim, so may use that to see if that will work. But guess I will have to add UVO app to phone as well & set that up.

Daft thing is UVO app connects to car, so I get location, Vehicle Report etc. Did not want to unlock door, but not unusual.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To add just a bit more confusion to this thread, my UVO App forced me into updating/upgrading to UVO Connect (red icon instead of white). Somewhere during the process I was instructed to link the app to my Kia Account and at (I think) it was at that point I got the dreaded message telling me that my mobile phone number was not in a valid format, despite the fact that UVO has been working perfectly well since September.

After being stuck on this screen for a few minutes it just worked, I didn't do anything, mainly because I couldn't think of anything to do. I've just tried sending a POI to the car and it worked.

I'm sorry I can't guide you through the process, I'm just totally flummoxed, all of the various Kia apps seem to be more quirky than they need to be.

Interesting as I downloaded the UVO again last night & only white version showing. Gone back today afte above & there is now also the red one...
So now have both and will try again.

Registered
Interesting as I downloaded the UVO again last night & only white version showing. Gone back today afte above & there is now also the red one...
So now have both and will try again.
The UVO app moves in mysterious ways

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just set up a totally new My Kia account (uvo to follow) on a new number.

Entered both numbers in the same format = NO 0.

So go to edit the numbers to be faced with this..
I just do not know what to say....

Perhaps Kia would be best dropping the country code and just letting people enter their mobile number as it is.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well a whole new My Kia & UVO account set up with different numbers & it still has the same error msg as 1st post. Tried all formats of number in the link acc on profile from just 44, 44 with a 0 & simple number as it should be. All with the same result.
Factory reset on head unit tried & failed.
Getting fed up of having to reset everything on the profile...

This is with the new Ver 2.0 (red) connect app..

Registered
Interesting, the Uvo app I'm using (on Android) is the black and white one, which is titled "Kia UVO", and the developer is "Kia UVO Connected GmbH".

The new app, which wasn't there a couple of days ago (I know this for a fact as I was looking to see the US version as they have more features) has a red and white logo, and is called "Kia UVO Connected 2021", and also developed by "Kia UVO Connected GmbH" - it has a release date of 2 June 2021.

I've just downloaded and installed the new app, and logged into it with my Kai account. I was asked for my PIN number. After checking the app out, it's still linked to the car/profile, because I can change the vehicle settings, one feature that needed to the profile to be linked.

In the latest screenshots, I notice "Home" number doesn't have an asterisk (*), so probably isn't required, I'd not bother with that just to save some confusion - I noticed it had a leading zero, whereas the mobile didn't.

One thing worth checking:

• On the new app, log in with the account that you were originally using
  • Click "More" in the bottom right hand corner
  • Click "User Settings", top item
  • Click "Subscription Information"
  • You should see the vehicle info, including VIN, and you should see the phone number the car was registered with when you activated Uvo on the car
  • Does the phone number match the one you're trying to register with?

OR

• On the old app, log in with the account that you were originally using
  • Click "Close" (bottom middle of Remote screen, starting screen), you should exit to the map view
  • Click the menu (top left, three horizontal lines)
  • Click "My Account"
  • You should see the phone number the car was registered with when you activated Uvo on the car

Another thought I had was to try and re-add your car to the app. The thought process behind this being that when you reset the head unit that may have disassociated the head unit from the app/Uvo account.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks.

I have now deleted old (white App) and running on new (red) 2.0 GmbH version. Still same issue..
Subscription Information Phone number is as being shown as +4477 etc When entering no on head unit (to get code sent) the 0 has a + as well, so have tried this, but it justs adds a 0
So i've tried
4477 (which is as I think it should be)
All give the same error msg.

Did set up a whole new account on a new phone/number, both UVO & MYKIA with correct car/phone details. Same issue. Deactivated Uvo on car for that as well. So was like a totally new user acc. (running this now)

Have tried deactivating app (annoyed at that as it worked OK after update and had been logging trips made. So clearly was linked OK. Just would not link to a profile on head unit.

Have tried moving car to a area that gives 5 rather than the 4 bars signal I get at home. Same result.

APP clearly connects to car as I get the car details, can lock/unlock doors OK.

Even tried sharing car to my old uvo account (no car attached) totally different number and that still gets same error.

Weird thing is I have received a couple of text with the code in, but they come through too late to work. So All I can think is ,it is maybe a server side issue on sending them out, and the error msg is a generic cover all.
Unless it is in someway related to the timing of the new app and the amount of requests server is getting. But given the speed you get the code when activating UVO on head unit & connecting to phone, I do not think so.

Registered
@iooi

I suspect you may be totally or partially correct. As I said this morning during the process of linking my two accounts this morning I got the very same message even though I wasn't required to input a phone number, it was already present. That cleared itself after a few minutes as did another, different, error screen clear itself. Maybe the servers are overwhelmed by a huge number being required to access them at the same time?

Maybe in a day or two

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We have a answer to the problem.

A massive thanks to @AKUK for solving the problem.

, in the bottom right to the zero there is a small fainted + sign, if you press it it will add a 0 but if you hold it it will add the + and then you can receive the confirmation code on your mobile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts