Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have successfully updated my car's infotainment system, but I was wondering if there are any updates to the main driver display? And if there are, is this something that can only be done at a dealership?

Banned
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okies, so if I installed the latest from 'the navigation update' then there's simply no update as my screen looks different to what a friend has, but his car is a year 'younger' than mine :)

Do you know which line in the software version details signifies the main dashboard? Just to double check, I'm talking about the screen behind the steering wheel, with the rev, speed and the journey/car details.

Registered
Okies, so if I installed the latest from 'the navigation update' then there's simply no update as my screen looks different to what a friend has, but his car is a year 'younger' than mine :)

Do you know which line in the software version details signifies the main dashboard? Just to double check, I'm talking about the screen behind the steering wheel, with the rev, speed and the journey/car details.
Which trim level do you have? First Edition and 4 have a digital display, and a totally different appearance in Sport Mode. 3 and below have an analogue dashboard which won鈥檛 be changed by any updates.

Super Moderator
Can you post a pic of the version of the software from your head unit.

The updates from the Kia update site do not change the dash display. They might add a extra option to the menu. But will not change the display.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which trim level do you have? First Edition and 4 have a digital display, and a totally different appearance in Sport Mode. 3 and below have an analogue dashboard which won鈥檛 be changed by any updates.
I've got a First Edition one, definitely a digital display, plays a nice animation :)

The differences I've observed compared to the one my friend has were in look and feel of things like the fuel consumption display and other small, but neat improvements. I guess you could summarise that his display is in the same purple 'theme' as the entertainment unit and mine stayed in the previous version even after all the updates.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you post a pic of the version of the software from your head unit.

The updates from the Kia update site do not change the dash display. They might add a extra option to the menu. But will not change the display.
Sorry for the terrible quality.

Attachments

Super Moderator
Thanks. Pics Ok (y)

I would say that unless there is a dealer update. I would not expect one to be honest, that the dash is always going to stay the same. Newer models & even spec of the same model will have different dash displays.

Registered
I鈥檓 assuming that OP has the same dash design/display as me. Can we have a photo? Does it change when you select Sport Mode? How does it differ from your friend鈥檚?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts