Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Having had another look at this I really cannot justify £34 for one!!
Friend with a 3D printer reckons the material would be less than £10 and yes I do realise that there is the time taken to develop it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ha Ha , good response to Old John !! My choice of colour is the same as yours Davidb 123, Polar White. I initially wanted black, as my current car ( Skoda Karoq) is white & I thought a change was in order, but on seeing a white E Niro 4Spec in a showroom it convinced me to do a U turn and stick with white. To please Old John = it WILL have the cam wipe fitted , so back on thread eh !
Well said. Mine will be the 4+ EV in the new colour yacht blue it arrives Dec. oh and I’ve bought a cam wipe too, so back on the thread !! 😂 I’ve also bought a
Www.Frunk.at

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Cam Wipe is a brilliant bit of kit, so effective in cleaning the lens of the rear view camera. Expensive ? Possibly, but worth every penny IMO. I looked at the Frunk, another great idea, but so far, hard to justify a high price !

·
Registered
42 Posts
It’s been mentioned that the camwipe is expensive, as a retire toolmaker I like to point out that tooling for this camwipe is very expensiv and to get one’s investment back takes a lot of sale, more than a few thousand hence the price, which I think is quite reasonable for the brilliant job it does.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That’s a bit difficult when you are driving.
[/QUOTE
Try reading the second post on page 1
Even better this is what it said
try reading the second post page 1
Try reading the second post, page 1

Posted by OldJohn even better here it is.
“I'll just carry on with my habit of wiping the camera with my thumb as I walk past the rear on my way to the drivers door.

Then you’ll see why I posted my reply 🤨 to him !

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Cam Wipe is a brilliant bit of kit, so effective in cleaning the lens of the rear view camera. Expensive ? Possibly, but worth every penny IMO. I looked at the Frunk, another great idea, but so far, hard to justify a high price !
I agree with you the camwipe is are a great idea and bought one. As for the frunk I have purchased one of those too, your right it is a bit expensive but I felt worth it as I’m going to fit a spare wheel in the boot. I want to be able to access the charge cable when the boots full of luggage and a frunk makes sense to me, it’s a pity Kia didn’t include it! Ive also bought a pair of hydraulic struts from the same company although I’ve since discover their cheaper to buy from Alibaba.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree with you the camwipe is are a great idea and bought one. As for the frunk I have purchased one of those too, your right it is a bit expensive but I felt worth it as I’m going to fit a spare wheel in the boot. I want to be able to access the charge cable when the boots full of luggage and a frunk makes sense to me, it’s a pity Kia didn’t include it! Ive also bought a pair of hydraulic struts from the same company although I’ve since discover their cheaper to buy from Alibaba.
Do you have a link?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the link, and yes, although I've got a HEV I still follow his channel.

Reactions: Wobby1

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have now taken delivery and fitted the rear view camera brush from cam wiper , it’s a great little gadget, a bit pricey, 29 euro ( it comes from Sweden) but is in my opinion worth every penny, it certainly does its job, no more Misty foggy rear views for me.
Took delivery of my Niro yesterday, ( nearly 5 months early !) & today received an email to say my Cam wipe has been dispatched - great timing !
I'll just carry on with my habit of wiping the camera with my thumb as I walk past the rear on my way to get in.
would like to purchase one need info for kia camera wiper

·
Registered
81 Posts
From now until the 31st you can get free shipping by using the voucher FREESHIPPING when asked. Brings the cost down to just over £27.
(I succumbed!)

Reactions: Wobby1

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have now taken delivery and fitted the rear view camera brush from cam wiper , it’s a great little gadget, a bit pricey, 29 euro ( it comes from Sweden) but is in my opinion worth every penny, it certainly does its job, no more Misty foggy rear views for me.
Where is the link?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts