Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the mapping updated to EUR.14
I use AA and under EUR.13 could have split screen in AA as per below thread

This option appears to have disappeared in new update. Thus can not have the split screen..

Anyone else had this issue?

Software installed today.
Font Air travel Technology Electronic device Gadget

Registered
It's well hidden. Easiest way to find it is to use the search option (magnifying glass top left) in the Setup > General screen and search for the word "split". One of the options it shows is for Phone Projection > Settings and you'll find the option there.

Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's well hidden. Easiest way to find it is to use the search option (magnifying glass top left) in the Setup > General screen and search for the word "split". One of the options it shows is for Phone Projection > Settings and you'll find the option there.

Yea just found it...
Helps when your phone is not connected...
Wish they would stop moving stuff around... We going to have lots of old posts with out of date info.

Reactions: macgd016

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
Just had the mapping updated to EUR.14
I use AA and under EUR.13 could have split screen in AA as per below thread

This option appears to have disappeared in new update. Thus can not have the split screen..

Anyone else had this issue?

Software installed today.
View attachment 12060
Does this mean that you now have Full Screen AA?

I'm sure the answer is NO though 馃ぃ

Registered
2021 Soul EV

My experience is that with the split screen option the right hand third remains a useful part of the car's infotainment, so I can scroll up and down through handy screens like EV battery charge, the time, a navigation map, weather etc.
All that I get from deselecting split screen is that the right-hand third becomes a rather useless AA logo, the useful AA interface still just uses the same area in the left 2/3rds.
(This is on the Soul EV's 8" infotainment screen with the 2021 "purple" software)

Does anyone know whether the obstacle to getting fullscreen AA is the need for an Android update or a head-unit update to support it?

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
Does anyone know whether the obstacle to getting fullscreen AA is the need for an Android update or a head-unit update to support it?
This is not unique to Kia and in my experience the car manufactures blame Android and Android blame the manufacturer, but the truth seems to be the way in which the car head unit treats AA as slowly but surely full screen is appearing and it has been suggested we will have it soon as well

Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well it depends on what you expect.

I do not want AA maps (or any other) full screen, I like the last 3rd to have other information showing. In my ca.se total MPG

Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For anyone wondering where it is.

From settings screen, click on phone, then burger at top (3 bars) scroll down a bit on window that opens and its there.

Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car Auto part Vehicle audio

1 - 8 of 8 Posts