Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2020 model Niro PHEV3 and have just gone over to Octopus for electricity supply so I can charge cheaply at night. I have set up a schedule for charging between 0:30 and 4.30 (the off peak hours), the schedule is on (ticked on in-car display and on in UVO app) and set to charge off peak only. I have only tried charging at night four times so far. Twice it has charged during the off peak hours as I wanted but twice it has not charged at all.
Prior to going to Octopus I tried using dummy off peak hours during the day time so I could test it and the schedule seemed to work fine then. I tried that again last week and again it worked OK.
Anyone any suggestions to make it more reliable? Am I missing something? Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got the car last week and I have the exact same issue with my 2021 PHEV 3. Set up a test schedule during the day and it worked. Set up a night schedule (12:10am to 5:00am) and it hasn't worked for 3 nights. So I've woke this evening to manually place it on charge. Defeats the object of the schedule through.

Did you manage to get a fix?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the car last week and I have the exact same issue with my 2021 PHEV 3. Set up a test schedule during the day and it worked. Set up a night schedule (12:10am to 5:00am) and it hasn't worked for 3 nights. So I've woke this evening to manually place it on charge. Defeats the object of the schedule through.

Did you manage to get a fix?
Mostly the overnight scheduled charging has been working since I wrote this post. However, on one occasion I found it had only charged to 92% and there was an error message on the dash about connection problems. and on another occasion I got an error message about a similar thing on UVO just after I'd plugged it in for scheduled charging - I ignored it and it didn't charge overnight though it did start manually the next morning when I used UVO to issue a start charge command.

Anyway, I finally contacted the KIA dealer we'd bought the car from last week and complained about this and a number of other minor software issues we've come across, mainly with UVO. Regarding the charging I was told they were aware of an actuator problem in the Niro which meant it sometimes thought the cable isn't connected properly so doesn't charge. That sounds like our problem. Apparently there is a hardware and software upgrade available. He said we could take it in for repair now or wait till our first service which isn't that far away now, so I've opted for that as it mostly seems to be working at the moment for us. I am currently awaiting confirmation this will be done.

Suggest you contact your garage and bring up the subject of the actuator. Let me know what they tell you please.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just out of curiousity do you have the same software version as my car? I will speak to the dealer to see if there is a Software update and/or hardware repair. However I'm unsure if they will assist as it is a company car (lex autolease).

Also when you set up the schedule, do you select 'off-peak rate priority' or 'off-peak rate only'.

I'm hoping it will work tonight, alarm set for 12:10🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just out of curiousity do you have the same software version as my car? I will speak to the dealer to see if there is a Software update and/or hardware repair. However I'm unsure if they will assist as it is a company car (lex autolease).

Also when you set up the schedule, do you select 'off-peak rate priority' or 'off-peak rate only'.

I'm hoping it will work tonight, alarm set for 12:10🤦‍♂️
I've tried both settings for off peak. Doesn't seem to matter. Have you set departure time? That seems to be necessary. I have set it daily at 07.30.
Good luck tonight. I'll try & check the sw level tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here's my version info. Seems to be behind yours.
Kia version.JPG

My scheduled charge failed last night again! Grr.

However, I have heard back from my dealer who in turn has heard back from Kia support. 'They have also advised me that with regards to the charging issues you have been experiencing, they do not believe that the software update is available for your Niro but they know of a small amount of charging door actuators which have been replaced.'

Did yours charge OK overnight?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here's my version info. Seems to be behind yours. View attachment 9935

My scheduled charge failed last night again! Grr.

However, I have heard back from my dealer who in turn has heard back from Kia support. 'They have also advised me that with regards to the charging issues you have been experiencing, they do not believe that the software update is available for your Niro but they know of a small amount of charging door actuators which have
I ordered my car in December and it was only registered on 23rd March so I would of thought the known issue the actuator would of been resolved, being a new car. (although I may be wrong, as it could of been sat around awhile before being registered)
Seems odd as when I set the schedule via the cars infotainment system it has (so far) been successful with the overnight charge. It seems when I send the schedule charge by the UVO app it tends to fail and my departure time is set every day.

It frustrating, however if it continues to work not using the app then I can live with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts