Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a periodic lights check on our 2008 Sportage the other day - damn the LH front sidelight wasn't working - I have got it through the last 2 MOT's by 'tapping' the headlight unit near the sidelight bulb :cool:
So I removed the bulb - sho' nuff it had 'blown' and it was of course a bulb type not in our kit LOL.
We have a grand total of 3 universal bulb kits (the large 30 item type) which we have owned for many years and just swapped into 'new' cars many times,I have always made sure the correct Headlamp Bulb was in the box for that particular car.
However it got me thinking about how many correct bulbs were in our kits - the answer was - None !!!
So I spent a few hours ordering some new bulbs using an online bulb finder (Ring) as reference,then ordered mostly Osram bulbs from the 2 usual online sources - yup our other car needed almost a full set of bulbs/fuses as well.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add that I had not realised there were so many types of fuse in use these days,so I also got hold of some spare mini fuses for both cars.
Our other car is a 2005 Vitara - I eventually found where they had hidden the fuse box :cool:
Still has a couple of original spare fuses clipped to the cover but the shiny 'legs' have gone dark brown with age :ROFLMAO:.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,393 Posts
Just to add that I had not realised there were so many types of fuse in use these days,so I also got hold of some spare mini fuses for both cars.
By the look of your other cars you are more used to having 2 x 35amp glass fuses for everything! :love:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the look of your other cars you are more used to having 2 x 35amp glass fuses for everything! :love:
I know Phil - the original Blade Fuse still looks super modern to me :cool:
I counted myself lucky that both our current cars use the same type of Fuse (Mini Blade)

cheers/rgds max

Reactions: phil866
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.