Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In these tough times I am verylucky tohave a brand new proceed 1.6 L diesel under my tail. I am delighted with it, and am happy to say its better than my previous car, a ford focus, which is a credit to Kia.
One issue though..I get fuel consumption of between 37-40 averagempg. I think this is very low for a diesel. The brochure it says it will give around 59 mpg average.It is20 mpg off! I do realise there are big differences between what the manufacturer states and what is reality, but I reckon I should begetting at least 50 mpg.

I have just gone over 1000km/600miles, and have filled up the tank twice. The trip computer has been reset each time.

Has anyone else observed this with their new diesel proceed? If so will fuel economy improve over time?

Lookingforward to some of yourthoughts!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi, I have a 2.0 CRDI which is running at about 38-45 mpg around town and 45-55 on a long run.
It does seem that you arentgetting enough mpg's but do u drive around town? and how heavy is your right foot? on my last tank of fuel, i gave it a lot of welly all the time and averaged 36mpg around townon the tank! (I just did this for 1 tank of fuel to see what the diff is!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Nick,
Sounds excellent economy for the 2.0 litre version. In fairness I have been doing a lot of short hops to work and back, but whenever I am on the road for medium-long distances the fuel economy doesnt pick up. I am not a racing driver, onmain roads I generally keep to the 60 and 70 m/hr speed limits.

I am really hoping that the poor economy is beacauseof thenew engine.

Thanks for replying!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Andy,
You have not stated how many miles the car has covered, the fuel economy will improve as you clock up the miles.
The engine will use less fuel and you should acheive much better M.P.G.
Improvements seem to appear in 3000 mile stages and when you get to 12000 miles you will see the sort of figures a lot closer to Kia's listed for your car.
Keep us informed of your progress
Cheers for Now...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have done around 650 miles total so far in total, so it is heartening to know that my mileage should improve. I will let you know how I get on through the months. I am eager to know what mileage other ceed owners are getting when their cars are "run in"?
Thanks Yesitsmeagain!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope so murph! Good to know that they need a lot of milage to "loosen". I was under he impression that I would see an improvemnet after the first 1000km/600 mileson the clock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can I ask what is the mpg of ceed/proceed owners with 1.6crdi engines after the "break-in" period?

·
Registered
157 Posts
My 1.6 has just turned 20k miles it averages 47-52 mpg over a week of mixed driving. If I have more cold starts than usual this could drop to43 -47 mpg. The mpg can improve by about 10% in the summer months, yours will improve as the miles pile up.

I tend to avoid the supermarket diesel and stick to BP or Texaco, cheap is not always best.

The Ceed is as good as anything else in it's class and better than some. Happy motoring

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi its Nick again, I know mine is a 2.0 but mine has done nearly 11,000 miles now so I wouldnt worry about yours as it is still very low milage, it will losen up.

Nick

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All good to know. I have heard in future editions they are bringing in an idle stop and go system, would give even better fuel economy

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 1.6 CRDi Pro-Ceed (113) has done around 5,000 miles. On a decent A road run it does around 50 mpg. On short runs to work or motorway speeds it is more like 45 mpg. My driving style is probably a bit "sporty" although nothing like "boy racer".

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all, my 2.0 CRDi is rapidly approaching 10,000 miles now and even with a lot of idling to de-ice morning and evening, and short (7mile) runs to and from work most of the time i'm still showing 45.7 average with enthusiastic driving
I'm well chuffed, great car.

First service due 10th feb, so will report back after that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have covered nearly 35k miles in my 1.6 CRDi Cee'd and combined fuel consumption I am getting about 44-46 mpg the most I can ever get is around 48mpg. They are not the best on fuel the Cee'd.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts