Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just done my first longish (hour) journey in my new Rio 2. By the time I arrived, by upper back was in a lot of pain.
I tried adjusting the seats every way possible, but couldn't make it comfortable.

I've been fine in other cars and havenever had back pain before. Part of the problem could be that the headrests and the seat shape mean I can't find a way to rest back upper back and shoulders against the seat.<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Anyone had a similar problem? Any suggestions?!

Everything else about the car is great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I meant the old shape 2011 rio.

I drove for a couple of hours at the weekend, and the back pain wasn't too bad. I think it's the "active headrest" which is causing the discomfort. I know they are good for safety, but it pushes my head and neck to a weird angle, which means my upper back gets no support.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, Yes... seats are basic. The church pews are an equal match!. I've turned my headrest round and fitted additional padding under an additional seat cover.The kids hat the rear seats, and the headrests are as hard as blocks of wood.
Kia Rio 2007 1.5 crdi 'red'

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I think it might depend on the model. Mine is a Graphite and it has quite nice seats (apart from them staining so easily!), but I did once have a look at a Rio 1 spec in a showroom and it did look a bit uncomfortable by comparison.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, the staining is a major problem. Spent £100's on protection - utter waste of money. Any ideas anyone?

Also, what 'extras' are available for the Graphite CRDi please? Only found plastic headlight protectors and boot insert.

Any recommendations for a Radio with Long Wave included?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the new shape Rio and have slight back problems,find the seats ok a little on the firm side but supportive,headreast can be adjusted 4 ways,they are active type which move forward in the event of a crash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts