Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am currently unable to get into my car due to what i suspect is a dead battery. I have had to jump start the car the last few times that I have used it. But now when I press the button on my key the key light flashes but nothing happens with the car itself and nothing happens when I try to put the actual key in the lock and turn. Due to this, I am unable to open the bonnet and jump start the battery.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this?

1.6 diesel, 2014.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
553 Posts
You should be able to open the car with the pop-out steel key from the key fob.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

I must have been in a panicked rush earlier, because I tried that and it didn't work but I've just tried it again on the back of your reply and I've managed to get in

Thanks again!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Oh good, crisis averted. Sorry, I somehow missed you had already tried the key!

Do you know if your Ceed is on the original battery from the factory? If so, and it isn't holding a charge, it might be time to consider replacing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it is. I'm just looking for a replacement now. I had been putting it off due to not driving all that much with lockdown restrictions, but I can't put it off any further.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah it is. I'm just looking for a replacement now. I had been putting it off due to not driving all that much with lockdown restrictions, but I can't put it off any further.
It's doing my nut, this lack of driving. I used to laugh at my wife's sub-1,000 intervals between MoTs, but I've not done 2,000 miles in the last year (and most of that was on just two trips)!

I had to replace my battery a couple of years ago and was pleasantly surprised that buying one from KIA was actually cheaper than alternatives I found online. It took a few days for it to turn up, (no dealer seems to hold a stock of parts any more) but worth considering.

Reactions: ratboiler
1 - 6 of 6 Posts