Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Stinger 2020 Ember Orange
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assuming this is the case for all UK cars but having watched some, mostly US, video reviews before getting the Stinger I was expecting to see a Custom Driving Mode where you can create your own mix of adjustability with suspension, gearbox, engine, etc settings but it appears that for the UK we have Sport + instead which seems to be just Sport with traction control switched off.
Is that right?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Welcome Steve, think your find US custom mode is smart mode on UK model and your correct re sport + (y) (y)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Smart is quite clever. But, you really have to boot it to engage Sport via Smart mode.

I gave up using Smart in the end and use Eco 90% of the time and Sport the rest

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Not quite Right,

The custom mode allows you to individually set the driving mode you want, IE - Sport mode but with Comfort setting for the Suspension, you can pick individual settings. Smart mode automatically adjusts to your driving style, you cannot set the settings to how you want.

The UK Modes are as follows

• SMART mode : SMART mode automatically adjusts the driving mode (ECO " COMFORT " SPORT) in accordance with the driver's driving habits.

• COMFORT mode : COMFORT mode provides soft driving and comfortable riding.

• SPORT/SPORT+ mode : SPORT mode provides sporty but firm riding.

• ECO mode : ECO mode improves fuel efficiency for eco-friendly driving.

The driving mode will be set to COMFORT or ECO mode when the engine is restarted.

if it is in SMART/COMFORT/SPORT/SPORT+ mode. COMFORT mode will be set, when the engine is restarted.

If it is in Eco mode, Eco mode will be set when the engine is restarted.

Cheers

Phil

Reactions: dunc69

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's a real shame we do not get the custom mode in the UK. It would surely be only a software update with nothing mechanical to change but if we haven't had it so far I doubt we ever will.

I am the same as Dunc, Eco 90% of the time and I flick it to sport the remainder of the time. Only used Sport + the one time I tested out launch control on my test drive. Traction fully off is terrifying and has no place with the current weather!

·
Registered
Kia Stinger 2020 Ember Orange
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not quite Right,

The custom mode allows you to individually set the driving mode you want, IE - Sport mode but with Comfort setting for the Suspension, you can pick individual settings. Smart mode automatically adjusts to your driving style, you cannot set the settings to how you want.

View attachment 8996

The UK Modes are as follows

• SMART mode : SMART mode automatically adjusts the driving mode (ECO " COMFORT " SPORT) in accordance with the driver's driving habits.

• COMFORT mode : COMFORT mode provides soft driving and comfortable riding.

• SPORT/SPORT+ mode : SPORT mode provides sporty but firm riding.

• ECO mode : ECO mode improves fuel efficiency for eco-friendly driving.

The driving mode will be set to COMFORT or ECO mode when the engine is restarted.

if it is in SMART/COMFORT/SPORT/SPORT+ mode. COMFORT mode will be set, when the engine is restarted.

If it is in Eco mode, Eco mode will be set when the engine is restarted.

Cheers

Phil

So yours does have a Custom option? Selected via the Driving Mode knob? What year is yours ?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
No unfortunately I don't have it , my car is a March 2020 model, the UK never got this which was a shame....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts